PDA

View Full Version : Q-10o on the button

LeadbellyDan
08-02-2006, 04:52 PM
I play mostly limit but i was playing a bit of NL and thought this hand was kind of interesting. Dont worry about my preflop raise if u dont like it. The turn was the street I was most unsure about but all comments welcome. I cant remember stats/reads but i think villain was fairly loose-passive. I might look it up in a bit if anyone wants to know.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $98.72
UTG+1: $71.98
CO: $31.28
Hero: $75.72
SB: $74.98
BB: $95.77

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, 2 folds, [color=#cc0000]Hero raises to $3</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($9.5, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $5</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($19.5, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $13</font>, BB raises to $26</font>, Hero calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($71.5, 2 players)
BB bets $30</font>,

Jigsaws
08-02-2006, 05:11 PM
(grunching, as usual, take my comments with a bit of salt - 10NL player here)

I like preflop.

I'd make it more on the flop, around $8-9. There's nearly always some people drawing on this broadway-heavy board. Charge those draws.

I'm probably taking the same line on the turn, but I'm fairly sure you're beat when check-minraises you. I guess AA, AK, and KJ are possible. I don't think the flush draw ever takes this line. Obviously there's many hands that beat you: AJ, KT, KQ, J9, K8, TT, 88. I don't think I could bring myself to fold to the check-minraise, though.

I'd fold the river. He could've had a single pair on the turn, but now your two pair got counterfeited.

Albert Moulton
08-02-2006, 05:20 PM
When I play 6-max, I have about a 22% V$PIP folding hands like this every time preflop with one limper in ahead of me.

So, I'd fold preflop.

Is that too tight? Why?

Bet more on the flop. Pot it.

As for the turn, I'd like to believe that I'd have checked behind on the turn, and called a reasonalbe bet on the river. All those broadways at the turn are making QT look pretty one-pair-ish, that is to say, not so hot to play a big pot.

The $13 turn check/raise screams strength. I think a fold would be good if villain was generally passive post flop, but calling is good if villain likes to bluff at scary boards too much.

Finally, for $30, EDIT

I originally said call. But,

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold the river. He could've had a single pair on the turn, but now your two pair got counterfeited.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think about this. I like folding the river better.

crookdimwit
08-02-2006, 06:38 PM
I think you have to bet more on the flop here. I'd say $8-$10. Don't give someone good odds to draw out on you. With QT8 out there, could have someone with KT, JT, AJ, A10 or 910s looking for a good reason to call with implied odds. Lots of possibilies out there that could improve to a hand that hurts yours.

When the turn K comes, you're worst fears become more likely... You bet out for 2/3 of the pot and got reraised, which seems to me to be screaming that villain hit his straight... or maybe KKTT. Unless you read this player for particularly loose and wild, I'd respect the raise and stop the bleeding...

On the river, it just gets worse... as Albert noted, if someone doesn't already have the straight, they may have just backed into Kings-up... Finally, he bets half the pot, which seems to me to be a bet that wants to be called.

pokerchap
08-02-2006, 06:46 PM
2 pair= pot
why? because you likely have the best hand now and your hand is unlikely to improve.