PDA

View Full Version : Why do I only tilt ONLINE???

surfinillini
01-01-2006, 02:39 PM
After reviewing my yearly profits I have realized I have made 70-80% of my winnings by playing live.

I have still turned a profit online playing NLHE but it seems I would win a lot more since I do a good deal of tilting online.

Can anyone explain to me why this happens considering I haven't had a live tilt session in over 18 months...in live play I'm cool as [censored], even after horrible beats I'm fine and don't tilt...I play a good portion of 2/5NL and 5/5NL with occasional 5/10NL sessions.

Does anyone else have the same problem ???

not sure if this is the right forum for this

deacsoft
01-01-2006, 06:05 PM
I'd be willing to guess it has something to do with other people being around you durring live play. While playing on-line to can throw fits and act like a baby all you want and no one will ever know.

schwerd2
01-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I used to have this same problem. It started getting better 2 weeks ago when I got good at multitabling NL online. I 4 table NL 6 max now and I don't have time to get pissed if I get outdrawn or some bs. Also, I realized I was having a harder time folding a big hand online that was beaten than I was live. I fixed these and my online play had improved a lot in the past two weeks.

Also from experience I can say that I pickup a lot of extra information from physical tells that makes my decisions a lot easier than when facing a bet online. People give off so much information in live play. I am playing 1/2 NL live BTW. I assume the players are much better at 5/10, but tells are very useful nevertheless.

Benny Foldem
01-04-2006, 03:57 AM
I have the exact same problem! I keep detailed notes of all my live play and I've done really well since I started keeping track 10 months ago. I've been playing online for almost 2 years and I've lost a total of $223. I log way more hours into live play (about 25-30 hours a week), but I still can't win consistently online like I do live.

The only reason I can come up with is that I get bored staring at a damn screen for hours strait. I get so bored and start LAGGing it up. I'll start to watch tv and half pay attention to the game and hit the ole "call" button a couple of extra times. I can get completely wasted in a live game and fold for 3 hours strait and have no impulse to start LAGGing it up while the deck is cold... I can't really explain it. I think just having other people around makes me feel more comfortable and I pass my time focussing on my opponents looking for tells and betting patterns...

Oh you know what, it just came to me.... I DONT HAVE POKERTRACKER!!! I don't play much online at all anymore, so I never thought to put up the $55 to pay for it. Getting bored easy and not having pokertracker is my reason for playing poorly online, I'm sure of it.

slainte,
Benny

EDIT: Oops, you were talking about going on Tilt, I was just talking about loosening up online. Sorry, I'm a little tired ...