PDA

View Full Version : Purchase Slot Machine Online?

ThePost
01-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Hey,

Has anyone ever purchased a slot machine online? I'm thinking of buying one and a pinball machine, looking for a recomended site. (http://www.bigtexgaming.com/slot-machines-2.html seems cheap, but would feel safer trusting a 2+2er)

Thanks

rograndom
01-22-2006, 12:28 AM
I bought a pachislo (or whatever those japanese slot machines are with the buttons to stop the wheels), for my mother last year. It runs on tokens, but I've heard that it can be modified to accept quarters. I think it was a great deal for around $400 or so.

And to be completely useless to you, I cannot find where I got it from. I think it was slotmachinesusa dot com but I'm not sure.

KingMedicine
01-23-2006, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bought a pachislo (or whatever those japanese slot machines are with the buttons to stop the wheels), for my mother last year. It runs on tokens, but I've heard that it can be modified to accept quarters. I think it was a great deal for around $400 or so.

And to be completely useless to you, I cannot find where I got it from. I think it was slotmachinesusa dot com but I'm not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

pachinko is the name of the japanese game i believe. when i was in japan mid-last year, the pachinko stores were packed for of suit-wearing japanese men. i went by one at about 7am and there were a ton of guys in there playing (i guess) before they went to work. very interesting stuff to check out if you ever make it to japan.

rograndom
01-24-2006, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pachinko is the name of the japanese game i believe. when i was in japan mid-last year, the pachinko stores were packed for of suit-wearing japanese men. i went by one at about 7am and there were a ton of guys in there playing (i guess) before they went to work. very interesting stuff to check out if you ever make it to japan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only did a quick search before I posted, but I think the pachinko machines have pinball parts. *edit*

Yup:

Pachinko (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachinko)

Pachislo (http://pachislo.com/)

The Pachislo are pretty much reel slot machines like here in the states, but each reel has a stop button so the game can be called a "skill game" in Japan. There's a box you can buy that goes inside that will auto stop the reels for the lazy americans who just like to put the money in and pull the lever and not have to think while the lights and spinning and sounds are going on /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If I had room I'd get one for myself. They're great for guests and whatnot. You can even set the "looseness" of the machine via dipswitches on the inside (92%-107% payout on the one I've seen)

Jimbo
01-24-2006, 10:55 PM
There is a very reputable slot store in the Desert Passage shopping forum attached to the Aladdin. They have copies of all the statutes to keep it all legal.

Jimbo