PDA

View Full Version : Party VIP - any other VIP's considering leaving Party?

passthesuga
07-31-2006, 11:12 AM
My e-mail tonight to Party, just gone 1st August in Australia:
Hello,
I still have not received a suitable explanation re: your VIP bonus.

In a previous e-mail you stated that there is a VIP bonus to be released in July. As far as
I am aware I am a VIP member (I have received the last two VIP offers). It
is now the end of July and I still have not received any VIP bonus offer.

I was offered a reload bonus, however I do not wish to reload at this time.
The Monster promotion is also unsuitable for my ring game requirements.

My questions are:

1) is there a VIP bonus that I will be receiving an offer for?
2) when will this be coming?

Please answer both these questions. I feel it is unfair to tell a customer
there will be a VIP offer "coming next month" (i.e. July) and then not
provide an offer.

Thanks and best regards,
XXXXXX

And the original e-mail I received from VIP on 21 June:
Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for getting in touch.

There will be another VIP promotion coming next month it is still in the planning stages, I am unable to give you details of the type of promotion it will be or when it will be released at this time.

I see that you are a good player with us and have not been given the opportunity to take advantage of many bonuses therefore I have added a 'COMPCASH' bonus to your account.
An amount of $100 has been credited to your Party Account. You are required to play 500 raked hands within 30 days. The amount will be restricted until the Cash Out bonus restrictions are met. Once the restrictions are fulfilled, you may then cash out the bonus amount.

Failure to meet these requirements will result in money being removed from your account on expiry. To check the number of raked hands played, click on the 'My Account' option on the Main Lobby and select 'My Account'. On the new webpage, click on the link that reads 'Bonus details'.

To accumulate raked hands, just participate in hands (any live game, any limit) where a rake is taken. The house contribution for Tournaments and the 'buy-in', does not contribute to your accumulated raked hands.

Wagered amount is the total amount of bets placed.

For more information about our rake structure please check out the following link from our website:

Kind regards

XXXXX
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sure, I got a comp bonus, but without VIP, I will be leaving Party as it is simply less profitable than other sites. I hope they do something though, cause I like Party for many other reasons including game selection and cashout speed.

Are any other "VIP's" in the same boat, i.e. considering moving on if the Monster is all Party have to offer?

Thanks,
JC

MicroBob
07-31-2006, 11:31 AM
The principle of it all is a turn-off too (that they are just lying to their customers about when the next VIP offer will be).

I have actually already left Party out of general frustration over such stuff and lack of incentive to play there (compared to the incentives other sites are offering me).

I would be willing to consider returning if a worthwhile offer was tossed my way.

passthesuga
07-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Yeah Bob, fair enough.

I guess everyone has to seek out the games/bonuses/sites that suit them best.

I have no gripe with Party if they wish to have Monster as their only promo and if they wish to abandon their VIP program. That's their business and it's a free world. We are just customers and can vote with our feet.

My only gripe is with the charades they play to keep you there a little bit longer. Its plain dishonest, as you suggest. Oh well, that's just Party. I'll give them a chance to give me a reasonable explanation and then I'm off if they keep giving me BS.

IMHO, Party are trying to rid themselves of high volume winning players..........I don't know if this strategy is a good one, but I'm sure Party have done the math..........

econophile
07-31-2006, 11:44 AM
i just withdrew the balance of my party account. i will play there again when i get a decent bonus offer.

MicroBob
07-31-2006, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll give them a chance to give me a reasonable explanation and then I'm off if they keep giving me BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much my philosophy as well and has been for many of the situations I have not cared for there.
And is the reason I left awhile ago.

But the games ARE good there and I would have no problem coming back if I felt the time was right (some kind of offer, or perhaps ultra-wild NL tables which I've been hearing about)

rjoefish
07-31-2006, 12:33 PM
I think the VIP offer will somehow be tied into the Monster promotion. As in an email in that giant thread about the Monster party (if the email is real) says the VIP will be coming out at the beginning of the month and will be points for cash, and since you can qualify for Monster freerolls by getting a certain amount of points I think they're going to try and tie it all together. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ainex
07-31-2006, 12:43 PM
August summer sizzler...earn 100PP's a day for 31 days straight and you get $300. /yawn

Push_Fold
07-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Crappy bonus and no VIP for ~3 months make this VIP go bye bye.

henrix77
07-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to the OP.

I've sent MANY emails complaining about the June VIP/lack of July VIP over the last few weeks myself. Seeing your message prompted me to send one more, using your bonus as a precedent. Sure enough, within 10 minutes, I had an extra $100 in my account (not even any raked hand requirements either!). So, thanks. Others may want to follow suit.

augie_
07-31-2006, 04:09 PM
already did. playing most of my hands at stars these days.

MINETZ
07-31-2006, 04:28 PM
I just finally gave up with party. With their lying to their vips, a vip promotion for only 21+, with now their higher rake, lack of support for rakeback. I am finally done with them, i have given up hope, sent my final e mail to them telling them why i left, and if they want me back i need a helluva vip bonus.

MannyIsGod
07-31-2006, 04:51 PM
I gave up as well about a month ago. It just wasn't worth me waiting for a bonus that never came when I could get bonuses on a regular basis on other sites along with rakeback. The games on Party are good, but there are good games on other sites too.

CardSharpCook
07-31-2006, 05:47 PM
what is the email address? tried vip@partypoker.com. didn't work.

krazyace5
07-31-2006, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats it. Looks like the VIP plan is Busto.

CardSharpCook
07-31-2006, 05:53 PM
The MONSTER is eating all my money.

AlwaysAir
07-31-2006, 06:10 PM
im out as well, sick of this bs

Davey
07-31-2006, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried sending them a message today and Yahoo sent it back. Last email I sent never got answered either.