PDA

View Full Version : $2/$4 Stud Hi Party - LC

greenage
01-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Are the cultural differences between Party and Stars great enough to warrant a distinction when posting a hand? WTF just happened?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.htm))

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___folds
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4th Street - (11.50 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___double bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

Total pot: (11.50 SB)

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fierce Lion7
01-21-2006, 09:37 PM
They were drawing crap and didn't want to face your paired door card?

Just because it is Party doesn't neccesarily mean that they are morons.

Case in point, a lot of the players here go to Party to play with the fish. I can spot a few of them at the tables.

After all, there are not a lot of Stud PLayers online. A sad fact but it is true. There are about 40 Stud players playing right now at 2/4 vs. well over 100 at the Hold 'em 2/4.

Poker Stars players also can be plungers. I was playing a game of 10/20 over New Years and lost 450$ to four 8s when I had a Full House. He drew it on the last card. I thought I was a drunken buffoon but I looked at the hand history and reviewed it and I played it well. I started with a Full House on the first five cards and he had a pair of 8s with his first five cards.

My point is that you can't over generalize the major sites (Even though I do it myself, LOL!) Who the hell would have thought someone would bet into a FullHouse at those stakes with two eights in Poker Stars?

Yes, I am scarred for life.

greenage
01-21-2006, 09:50 PM
No, no I’m not saying Party is full of buffoons. The play here is better than at Stars (better and worse), I think. It’s a kind of cultural difference that I’m trying to point out. You usually don’t see that kind of multiway action on Stars. It’s just different, I think.