PDA

View Full Version : Want to open acct at Pokerstars...

The Worm
07-31-2006, 12:25 AM
for the WCOOP, but if things go well when I try it out, I might stick around. Someone give me a little info on how their bonuses are, and whats the best one to take?

Pokeraddict
07-31-2006, 12:50 AM
Stars offers very few bonuses and no first deposit bonus. Find an affiliate that offers a cash incentive for signing up.

jman220
07-31-2006, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for the WCOOP, but if things go well when I try it out, I might stick around. Someone give me a little info on how their bonuses are, and whats the best one to take?

[/ QUOTE ]

Their bonuses are very difficult to clear if you play low limit no limit holdem. They are decent if you play limit. They are not too frequent, I'd say on average, once every 2-3 months, with more during/preceeding special events/holidays. The nice thing about the bonuses is that they are stackable, they never expire, and you can cashout without losing the bonus.

The Worm
08-01-2006, 10:16 PM
So is it a [censored] site to play at for ring games if you are really trying to get all the +EV you can?

Greg Miller
08-13-2006, 09:09 PM
The rake is very low, and they have a pretty nice VIP program.

The bonuses have, in the past, been 5x, stackable, and never expired, but it's hard to get points at extremely low limits. Their latest reload was 7x, they've added support for expiration dates to their software, and they've started giving double points for $3 rakes. It seems they want to cater to higher volume players instead of microlimit bonus whores. They also have double FPPs promotions every six months or so these days, so a bonus can be as little as 1.25x if you're hitting $3 rakes consistently.

In short, it's great at higher stakes and terrible at very low stakes, sort of like OnGame and Full Tilt.