View Full Version : number of PokerStars nlhe games

goodguy_1
07-29-2006, 07:45 PM
what the heck is going on?

the last 2 days PokerStars is a graveyard.

The number of $200 and $400 NLHE games is ridiculously low? High end I can see being dead with the WSOP going on but this place is dead. Game selection is a joke.

mbpoker
07-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Plenty of games running now.

Push_Fold
07-29-2006, 10:39 PM
Everyone is at the ridiculously fishy Monster Party games.

J8o - all in preflop. Gotta love it.

george w
07-30-2006, 02:29 PM
i have no problem finding bad players at stars. the hard part is finding tables that aren't full of short stacks.

MicroBob
07-30-2006, 06:19 PM
I would also guess that a lot of the Stars NL cash-game regulars qualified for the WSOP and aren't playing much online while in Vegas.

goodguy_1
07-30-2006, 07:22 PM
I understand that but the number of tables and tables with minimally playable table averages has tanked in the last 2 weeks. I'm only talking about $200 and $400 6max games not the bigger games.

the selectivity has really gone down at Stars in nlhe imo over the last 2 months or so compared to my other half dozen rooms/networks I play on.

I dont think this is all wsop related since must of the players in these games are not playing the wsop ..I hope I'm wrong because Stars can have a great combo of poor players and low rake when things are in better shape.

could also be the last couple nights i've been playing a bit later than usual. Stars demographic is pretty even mix of europeans and us players and the action dies there much earlier in the evening than other big rooms because of high% of euro players.

MicroBob
07-30-2006, 09:24 PM
"I dont think this is all wsop related since must of the players in these games are not playing the wsop "

Probably not all related to that. But I suspect it might be more related than you are thinking.
Probably find out for sure in a couple weeks after the WSOP is over and people are heading home.
If the games are still el-crappo then my theory wasn't very good.

Almost 1600 players from Stars qualified.
I'm guessing that many of those players are NL 200 or 400 regulars.

goodguy_1
07-30-2006, 10:26 PM
1600 wow maybe you are right.