PDA

View Full Version : First Bad Beat Of WSOP Delivered By O'Hare

Solitare
07-27-2006, 11:47 PM
7:15PM flight canceled. Last flight out booked solid.

Weirdest thing, not a drop of rain at O'Hare, but surrounding storms were causing canceled flights left and right. Planes stacked up 20-30 deep on the runways.

Managed to get on the first flight out tomorrow.

So do I treat this as a bad omen or a bad beat burned off that I won't see at the table.

PokerFox
07-28-2006, 12:05 AM
When you win the whole thing, laugh.

GrannyMae
07-28-2006, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
7:15PM flight canceled. Last flight out booked solid.

Weirdest thing, not a drop of rain at O'Hare, but surrounding storms were causing canceled flights left and right. Planes stacked up 20-30 deep on the runways.

Managed to get on the first flight out tomorrow.

So do I treat this as a bad omen or a bad beat burned off that I won't see at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure you will beat hellmuth to the room.

UATrewqaz
07-28-2006, 01:08 AM
Just make the final table, I can hear it now

"Lon, here is a guy playing for 10 million dollars and he almost missed his flight! I wish I would have missed my first 3 weddings."

TyFuji
07-28-2006, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just make the final table, I can hear it now

"Lon, here is a guy playing for 10 million dollars and he almost missed his flight! I wish I would have missed my first 3 weddings."

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

Puf2006champ
07-28-2006, 01:43 AM
Wait, I know the answer to this one. In a previous life, I trained to be an air traffic controller. The main reason that I am not an air traffic controller is that I was responsible for sequencing flights into O'Hare from the North (Europe to O'Hare).

On a good day, O'Hare is backed up like my colon after a visit to the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Airplanes generally fly on a standard system of highways and routes. During the summer, there are more flights and a commercial airline will NOT fly through a thunderstorm. A thunderstorm in Cleveland will cause reroutes and delays for all flights going anywhere near Cleveland such as O'Hare, Toronto, and Pittsburgh. The summer is when air traffic controllers make their money and have their heart attacks.

I hope you enjoyed this overly long post. I will now go back to dreaming about becoming the first PPT champion.

Pufchamp

TexRef
07-28-2006, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lon, here is a guy playing for 10 million dollars and he almost missed his flight! I wish I would have missed my first 3 weddings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

young Nut
07-28-2006, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

On a good day, O'Hare is backed up like my colon after a visit to the Tillamook Cheese Factory.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao....very good 3rd post, I'm expecting good things.