PDA

View Full Version : event #37 trip report (short)

spamalot
07-27-2006, 03:30 PM
So after my success last week I figured this WSOP thing was easy. So I packed up and headed with my wife once again to play in Event #37. I should have known when the Rio had no rooms I was in trouble. But I decided to play anyway. I showed up at midnight Monday night to register and the Rio was packed with people registering. An event that only had 900 people the year before would sell out this year. It is a good thing I came the night before to register. Or was it?

Well the answer is, it wasn't. I lasted 40 minutes. I got to play 3 hands. Here they are. Blinds are all 25/25

Hand#1: I raise JJ to 100. Everyone folds. Woohoo, got my feet wet.

Hand #2: Folded to me. I raise KQs to 100. BB calls. Flop is K64 rainbow. BB bets 150. I raise to 300. He calls. At this point I am a little worried. This sure looks like a set to me. I think I'll slow down. Turn is a 5. He checks. I check. River is a 9. He bets 250. I call. He flips a set of 4's. I am feeling pretty good about this hand because I read it right. But it still left me with 800 chips.

Hand#3: I limp 22 UTG. Next guy calls. Crazy guy that had raised half the pots raises to 125. Button calls. I was going to fold but I saw the guy to my left already had his 100 chip in his hand so I call getting 4:1 already. Flop is 254 rainbow. Yahtzee!!!!! I check. Guy to my left bets 175. It is folded to me. I go all in for 500 more. He thinks for a lonnnnng time and calls. He flips up A5. YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Turn is a 9. YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! River is a 3. YEEEENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!! Good night now. Thank you for playing. Oh well, I got my money in with the best of it, bye far. I just wonder when the donkey was making the call what he thought he was beating, but I digress. All I know is next year I want to have enough to play the ME. This year I am happy I cashed in 1 of my 2 events, even if the second event was a disaster

Superfluous Man
07-27-2006, 03:33 PM
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/1426/whammyqn4.jpg

BWEEEEEEEE-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO