PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Structure Change

Teldar
07-27-2006, 03:25 PM
I just went down to the Rio and grabbed one of their structure sheets for the ME. Unforunately, it says that levels will be 100 minutes for the entire tournament. It also says they will play six levels every day. If they dont get down to 900 after six levels on Day 1a, they will continue to play down to 900. That will set the amount of time played for the other day ones. If this truly is the case, let me be the first on record to say that this sucks. Last year we played 100 minutes for day one and then reverted to 120 minutes for the rest of the tournament. Also, if they insist on playing six 100 minute levels every day until the final table, I will also make a prediction that they will be down to nine players at least one day early, if not two. What's the point in drawing this out two weeks if they aren't going to give us some breaks and two hour levels? I'm just venting. Other comments are appreciated.

Kevmath
07-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Find enough pros to complain about it so that it gets changed back?

JohnGroomsTD
07-27-2006, 03:39 PM
100 minutes. OK
Hey they aren't making enough juice per player to give you guys 2 hr levels. HET is AWESOME!!! Just ask them

ravenfan1733
07-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Below is a copy of the e-mail I received from HET on July 22:

Mr. [name censored],

We start all first days of play at 12 Noon. We are sorry for any
inconsistency this has caused.

The blind levels are 2 hours.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
contact us.

Vicky Liotta
WSOP Clerk

I guess it doesn't surprise me that they don't know what they are doing, guess I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

LearnedfromTV
07-27-2006, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Find enough pros to complain about it so that it gets changed back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they could run a 120-minute levels tournament starting an noon and a 100-minute levels tournament starting at 4.