PDA

View Full Version : Tracking the Main Event

CAREY33
07-27-2006, 11:07 AM
I have a friend playing in the WSOP Main Event. I was wondering if there is any website where I can specifically track him throughtout the day. I figue that sites only probably do this for the pros, but any information on how I can best track my friend's play throughout the tourney would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ohkanada
07-27-2006, 11:16 AM
It is unlikely that your friend will be mentioned in anyway (on the 1st few days) unless he does something spectacular or atleast until the end of the day report that lists all survivors.

Of course you can get your friend to be bizarre in some way and it is possible he will be mentioned or shown on espn later in the month!

Cardplayer.com has exclusive rights for internet reporting.

Ken

Chapdoggy
07-27-2006, 11:18 AM
He will need to survive the first day then you will get his chip count, but until deep in the tourney he will most likely just be referred to his seat number in a hand against a pro.

deankeaton7
07-27-2006, 11:43 AM
just make sure that hes not "that guy", like that guy that put tape over his mouth. Its not worth it.

Solitare
07-27-2006, 11:45 AM
If he qualified through PokerStars, he might get mentioned on the PokerStars blog.

DVaut1
07-27-2006, 12:12 PM
As others have noted, a cell phone is about the only reliable way to keep track of a non-professional friend for the first few days of the tournament.

CAREY33
07-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Thank you for the responses. Is the Pokerstars blog posted on the Pokerstars website ?

Soulman
07-27-2006, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the responses. Is the Pokerstars blog posted on the Pokerstars website ?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you had bothered to check the front page of pokerstars.com, you would have seen that the answer is "yes" /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[Phill]
07-27-2006, 03:56 PM
He could dress up as a giant baby with a sign on his chest saying:

"Would the real Phil Helmuth please stand up"