PDA

View Full Version : I have not yet registered--If I show up on Friday night, can I play?

dlpnyc21
07-27-2006, 08:22 AM
I have not yet registered for the ME. I was planning on flying out tonight, but I might not be able to until Friday evening. If I show up on Friday evening, will I still be able to register for the ME? One of the posters here said something about Harrah's will take people before the start of each day as well, and you don't need to show up necessarily before the start of the entire thing. Can anyone confirm this? Reaching a human being at the Rio is next to impossible. Thanks,
dlpnyc

CybrPunk
07-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Not to be rude, but you posted this same question previously and people responded, even quoting the official Harrah's website. Is there really a need to ask this again?

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com

I'm sure you can find the answer there as well.

WSOPChump
07-27-2006, 09:33 AM
no you gots to register before 2pm friday no matter what day u play.

so basically your going to have to leave thurs night or really early friday morn if you wants to play.

dlpnyc21
07-27-2006, 10:14 AM
is this correct? I can't tell ifyou are joking or not. I posted a different question earlier, this question is with regards to if I show up AFTER the ME has already begun. one of the posters quoted something from the wsop site, but I couldn't find that information on the site. Basically, I can make it work to come tonight, but i'd much prefer to come frday evening so i don't have to miss work.

ohkanada
07-27-2006, 10:19 AM
As we have said before you must signup before tomorrows start time (noon). Now you maybe able to get in an hour or two after that but I wouldn't wait until then to try to get in because there will be a long line.

Ken

dlpnyc21
07-27-2006, 10:25 AM
This was the latest as of two days ago from the WSOP Harrahs official announcement

"As of July 23, more than 6,100 players had pre-registered for the upcoming $10,000 No-Limit Texas Hold’em World Championship. The amount surpasses last year’s record of 5,619 entries, ensuring this year’s Main Event, which starts July 28, will be the largest and richest live poker event ever held.

Tournament organizers scheduled a four-day start for the event to accommodate the enormous demand for seats. Registration continues around the clock at the Rio until July 28, at which point – if seats are still available – players can register on each start day until the first level of play is concluded. Registration closes entirely at the conclusion of the first level of play on July 31. "

Another poster quoted that from somewhere. That seems to imply that, if there is space available, you could register before the first level of ANY of the start dates. Is this blatantly incorrect? Thank you. I swear, calling the rio is a nightmare, the one time by miracle I was able to talk to a person she got all freaked out and immediately transfered me to someone else's vmail.

ohkanada
07-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Well try to email Tiffany Burris <tburris@lvrio.harrahs.com>. I had a question and she replied within minutes. I would guess she has the real answer but I would be suprised if you could signup after Friday at noon.

Ken

BS Yee
07-27-2006, 11:14 AM
I would not believe anything Harrah's says, especially on their website at this point.

If you show up on Friday night, you run the risk of not getting in. With Harrah's making so many mistakes and even this being posted on the Harrah's site, I would not take this as the final word.

THE PAST TWO YEARS when they have had multiple Day 1's, it has been the end of level 1 OF THE FIRST DAY as the last moment to register.

That being said, I would not be surprised to see them try and jam as many people in as possible. Imbalanced 1st days will lead to all sorts of problems. There is a huge disadvantage if you play on Day 1d where there could be 2,000 plus vs Day 1a where 1,600 may play.

There could possibly be a mini revolt if, let's say, Day 1a had 1,600 and Day 1d has a bunch of people registering late and pushing it over 2,100. Harrah's would then pull some crap of playing 11 handed, etc. And then what happens if at the end of the day, they are still not below the threshold to seat Day 2b correctly.

I can even see them saying they'll take additional people on the day of and reneg later when they realize the colossal mistake they are making.

I'm headed out the door now and will be there by 4pm or so. I expect a complete madhouse.

WSOPChump
07-27-2006, 11:58 AM
no i was not kidding. though i could be wrong based on what you wrote.
last yr you could only register until the end of the first level on day 1. every WPT event and every WSOP event i have ever seen you had to register before the start of day 1 (or the end of day 1 level 1).

EMAIL OR CALL THE RIO! or come tonite. dont take a chance of missing signing up (well maybe if your going to get fired maybe miss signing up). but yeah i'd want it verified a few times that you could register on later days because it never really has been done this way.

Mama Poker
07-28-2006, 10:56 PM
When I picked up my seat assignment, the guy next to me was trying to enter. He was told to come back tomorrow, that they couldn't take him today. (It was around 3pm so it was after the 1st level)
The desk people said they would be taking a certain amount of alternates tomorrow (probably all days?)
Yikes