PDA

View Full Version : $175 satellites

GrannyMae
07-27-2006, 12:52 AM
these things are VERY, VERY soft.

i just played 2 and won the 1st and chopped the second. what is happening is the "real" players are playing the $225's and up, and the $175's are full of the softest players in vegas. selling the lammers took 15 minutes. i sold them to the players in the first $525 they put together.

i highly suggest playing this smaller event, especially since i am done with them and won't have any 2p2'ers to worry about.

go get 'em boys. easy $1,620.

please report back your wins.

you are very welcome.

yimyammer
07-27-2006, 01:08 AM
what line/strategy did you take?

My usual online stratedgy is tight until the blinds go up and then open up, any special adjustements you can recommend?

Photoc
07-27-2006, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

My usual online stratedgy is tight until the blinds go up and then open up, any special adjustements you can recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the STT forum, the answers are within. Donks play live too.

GrannyMae
07-27-2006, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

My usual online stratedgy is tight until the blinds go up and then open up...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what i played. i let the donks knock each other out. i may have played 3 hands in the first 2 levels.

believe it or not, there is *plenty* of play in the structure. no need to take a single chance or coin-toss early on.

then, when it is down to heads up, chop it if you are down 3:2 or more. if not, play it out. maybe i was lucky, but in both of them, my competition was absolutely awful. not even semi-awful, FULL BLOWN awful.

only reason i did not have chip lead in second match, was because my donkey opponent won a 3 man all-in battle. i had 3,000, he had 7,000 and offered a 50-50 chop. i took it of course, but would not have been unhappy if he never made the offer. in both satellites, i felt like i outclassed the rest by a mile. and, other than mat sklansky, i could be the worst player at 2p2.

pig4bill
07-27-2006, 01:29 AM
Wish the one I played was like that. It was at least 3 levels before the first guy went out.

McMelchior
07-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Some of them might be soft, some of them are def not.

I played 3 yesterday.

Chopped two 3-way, lost one on a coinflip at the 200/400 level.

The second one we were still 8 players at the 150/300 level.

Last one went to the 200/400 level 3-way as well.

It's probably random, but I have not exactly experienced them as soft. At all.

AtlasRaised
07-27-2006, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It's probably random, but I have not exactly experienced them as soft. At all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have just had a bad run at the tables you ended up at. I have played an average of 1 - 2 WSOP STT's a night this month and my asessment is exactly like Granny's. The $175's are incredibly soft...and if a $125 starts up (this usually only happens when people in the low limit line REFUSE to go up to $175), well, it is almost beyond description.

One drunk guy a couple nights ago at a $125 was double fisting Milwaukee's Best lights as he sat down. He went AI his first three hands. 1st hand he doubled up when his 3,5 os caught a gutshot > 66. (yes, someone called his first hand UTG all in with 66). 2nd hand he loses half his stack calling AI in his BB with 4s,8s, < AJ. 3rd hand he doubles me up and busts out when his J,3 < AK.

obviously this is not the norm...but you get the idea the kind of competition we are talking about here. The $225' - $325's are also relatively soft compared to the $525's....but even these are completely beatable from what I've seen.

I generally win or chop 1 out of 2 or 3. Anything less than that and I consider it a bad run. But it is not unusual to go on 2,3,4 in a row cash streaks.

I havent calculated ROI but it has to be over 200% for July in these things.

Cactus Terry
07-28-2006, 01:07 PM
I think it also depends on what time of the day you are there. I played in a few after 2am and there were some really reckless but good players. At one of them i had a really drunk guy sit next to me and buy in, then a few minutes later one of the Hendon Mob guys comes up to him and says "WTF are you doing, yr drunk get up." and he says "I'm gunna win a seat in the World Series of Poker!" and the Mob guy says "well for christs sake take of your bracelet while you play in a $100 satellite you are embarassing youself." it was kinda funny.

AtlasRaised
07-28-2006, 01:52 PM
the $175 satellites are done now...at least for awhile. they were only running $1030's last night in the mad rush for ME seats. They might start up the normal run of STT's tomorrow for events 40-45.