PDA

View Full Version : Party VIP Program

nation
07-27-2006, 12:13 AM
I tried searching and could not find a thread detailing this. What exactly is this program? Do you have to clear a certain number of hands? How do I become a part of it?

Thanks,

nation

Pog0
07-27-2006, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried searching and could not find a thread detailing this. What exactly is this program? Do you have to clear a certain number of hands? How do I become a part of it?

Thanks,

nation

[/ QUOTE ]

Party doesn't have a VIP program. It's just a rumor.

rwesty
07-27-2006, 12:22 AM
Email vip@partypoker.com to see if you can get in. You probably need to generate approximately $1000 in rake a month. During the VIP promotion you have to get a certain amount of PartyPoints that can be exchanged for cash, but it has not been a regular promotion the last few months.

nation
07-27-2006, 12:25 AM
ok...and while im here, how do i get rid of the scrolling monster jackpot thing? it takes up a ton of cpu usage and i only see a link to take it off black mod tables...i have the normal party setup.

Pog0
07-27-2006, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ok...and while im here, how do i get rid of the scrolling monster jackpot thing? it takes up a ton of cpu usage and i only see a link to take it off black mod tables...i have the normal party setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't get rid of it, you can only hide it. Since the images move and party's regular background isn't a uniform color (I imagine, haven't seen it in a while), then it would be impossible to get rid of it.

The black mod only gives the illusion it's gone. I'm not sure how it does with resources, although it might be less resource intensive.

If the default mod is your preference, that's fine, but most people can find something they prefer if they look.

Here's mine:
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/8746/tableay2.jpg

RikaKazak
07-27-2006, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't get rid of it, you can only hide it. Since the images move and party's regular background isn't a uniform color (I imagine, haven't seen it in a while), then it would be impossible to get rid of it.

The black mod only gives the illusion it's gone. I'm not sure how it does with resources, although it might be less resource intensive.

If the default mod is your preference, that's fine, but most people can find something they prefer if they look.

Here's mine:
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/8746/tableay2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what those numbers are on your mod....care to explain?

PerDoom
07-27-2006, 01:18 AM
The numbers there are the number of outs followed by the pot odds of hitting that number of outs on the next street.

Tk79
07-27-2006, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The numbers there are the number of outs followed by the pot odds of hitting that number of outs on the next street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot odds, or P. O. T. odds?

Push_Fold
07-27-2006, 04:01 AM
RikaKazak, your kidding right?

Flintoff
07-27-2006, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chortle

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-27-2006, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chortle

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooo, I learned a new word.

Melchiades
07-27-2006, 06:25 AM
Does that black table mod come without the UNO cards and pot odds numbers as well?

MicroBob
07-27-2006, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot odds, or P. O. T. odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

I miss Brown Thumb.

Melchiades
07-27-2006, 06:33 AM
Ok. So I went to pokermods (http://www.pokermods.com/mods/) and their "Pokermod 'black'" seems to be what I am looking for. I would like the brown edge of the table that was further up this thread though (the unocards mod). Is that easily doable?

cbloom
07-27-2006, 11:36 AM
It seem the VIP mail address at party no longer exists !? Also, I guess there's not going to be any VIP promotion, the Monster thing is the promotion they promised at the end of July !?

Seems to me party is basically saying they don't want the VIP's, they'd rather have a bunch of fishes just dropping money to the rake.

rjoefish
07-27-2006, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seem the VIP mail address at party no longer exists !? Also, I guess there's not going to be any VIP promotion, the Monster thing is the promotion they promised at the end of July !?

Seems to me party is basically saying they don't want the VIP's, they'd rather have a bunch of fishes just dropping money to the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

They've already said that this isn't the VIP promotion and that it will be coming out the beginning of August and will be points for cash...

Wools
07-27-2006, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They've already said that this isn't the VIP promotion and that it will be coming out the beginning of August and will be points for cash...

[/ QUOTE ]

link plz

nevermind, saw it.
not holding my breath.

disjunction
07-27-2006, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chortle

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooo, I learned a new word.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it was invented by Lewis Carroll in "Through the Looking Glass". Combination of "chuckle" and "snort". That dude was a genius.

Pog0
07-27-2006, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does that black table mod come without the UNO cards and pot odds numbers as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

UNO cards are from the official BBV deck (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=beats&Number=4664960&Sear chpage=1&Main=4664960&Words=%2Bofficial+%2Bdeck+%2 BBBV+-re%3A&topic=&Search=true#Post4664960). I edited the "Pokermod 'oddsgreen'" mod, magic wanded the green and then rewrote the odds.

Tk79
07-27-2006, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I miss Brown Thumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasnt sure anyone would catch on.. Its been a while

LotsOfOuts69
08-02-2006, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Email vip@partypoker.com to see if you can get in. You probably need to generate approximately $1000 in rake a month. During the VIP promotion you have to get a certain amount of PartyPoints that can be exchanged for cash, but it has not been a regular promotion the last few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, In July I generated $1171.50 in rake, I earned 2755 regular Party Points and 628 bonus points for a total of 3383 Party points.

I emailed Party about joining the VIP program and they said I would need to increase my play by 25%.

I think their limits are arbitrary. I think if you are borderline, the first time you apply they will tell you just to do a little more next month and you will get in.

For example, if I had only generated $900 in rake or something, I think they would have fed me the same line, and then $1150 in rake for August would have been enough.

--LoO