PDA

View Full Version : Poker Prophecy on Party

mackem
01-01-2006, 12:06 PM
A couple of times in recent weeks I've been playing a SnG on Party and someone has quoted Prophecy stats at a fish along the lines of "You've had 1 win in 40 SnG's, you suck".

I thought it was banned. When I said at the table "isn't that a banned a program to use?" he said no, he uses it all the time.

It is banned isn't it?

roundest
01-01-2006, 12:52 PM
It is banned. Party just hasn't caught everyone using it.

DarthIgnurnt
01-01-2006, 01:04 PM
I started getting emails saying I couldn't use it. I have found it is nowhere near as accurate as claimed ... it has captured less than 35% of my SNG's on Party, and FullTilt even worse.

BTW - what's your Party screen name?

mackem
01-01-2006, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I started getting emails saying I couldn't use it. I have found it is nowhere near as accurate as claimed ... it has captured less than 35% of my SNG's on Party, and FullTilt even worse.

BTW - what's your Party screen name?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the Prophecy stats? I would love to know them.

mackemgreg

ohnonotthat
01-01-2006, 04:46 PM
I've never been afraid to show how out of touch I am - so here goes . . .

How would PARTY ever "catch" anyone using it ? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Canard
01-01-2006, 04:50 PM
You don't have to be actually using it at the time, them finding a trace of it on your hard drive when they scan it will suffice.

ohnonotthat
01-01-2006, 04:57 PM
I assume this means that only those dumb enough not to realize that having/running this program on a 2nd computer will be prevented from using it.

Is this correct ?

Once again I fall to my knees in gratitude for the PartyPokerPolice.

Great to watch them in action - after all, the Three Stooges aren't on EVERY night and these guys are the next best thing.

ThePost
01-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know if PokerOffice is banned for use at Party? I'd think it'd be okay since it doesn't share any information, but I just want to check with you guys. Thanks.

mackem
01-01-2006, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if PokerOffice is banned for use at Party? I'd think it'd be okay since it doesn't share any information, but I just want to check with you guys. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Office is fine. It's the same type of program as Poker Tracker. It's you that's collecting the information and it's not a shared database.

Which is why I was puzzled to why people were openly talking about Prophecy on Party. I thought Party were regularly scanning your cookies and stuff but these people seemed to have been using it a while with no comebacks.

weirdobob
01-21-2006, 06:22 PM
It is as accurate as it claims.

I know it has captured 11 out of my last 12 SNGs on FullTilt. I stopped playing at Party when they started disallowing its use.

dun_noo
01-21-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm fairly sure Party also checks the processes running on your computer while you play.