PDA

View Full Version : Practical matters: Eating during WSOP

Milo
07-26-2006, 06:30 PM
So I sit down at noon to play and we play until whenever the [censored] they decide dinner is, then come back and play until whenever the [censored] we stop.

I hear estimates of 14 hours a day and since I plan on playing at least 5 days /images/graemlins/cool.gif can someone tell me what the food situation is?

Based on what I've seen on TV, you can eat at the table, but do they serve food tableside? What about beverage service? With no actual $$ in front of players do the waitresses give a [censored] about bringing drinks? If I want to eat regularly and not have to leave for an extended period of time, should I bring my own food?

Most importantly, can I find anything more trivial to obsess about?

mikeymer
07-26-2006, 06:34 PM
have some dolla dolla bills yall for the waitresses and you'll get drinks

TomCollins
07-26-2006, 06:34 PM
So I sit down at noon to play and we play until whenever the [censored] they decide dinner is, then come back and play until whenever the [censored] we stop.

I hear estimates of 14 hours a day and since I plan on playing at least 5 days /images/graemlins/cool.gif can someone tell me what the food situation is? There is food in the hallway. If you have a friend there, they can get you food. I think I got a $5 hot dog.

Based on what I've seen on TV, you can eat at the table, but do they serve food tableside? No. What about beverage service? Yes With no actual $$ in front of players do the waitresses give a [censored] about bringing drinks? cash plays (for the waitresses) If I want to eat regularly and not have to leave for an extended period of time, should I bring my own food? Depends what you mean by eat regularly. There is a dinner break. If you need to eat more, bring some snacks. But it is really packed, so you won't have a table or anything.

Most importantly, can I find anything more trivial to obsess about?Yes

stereoman
07-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Question from a WSOP newbie: Can you bring your own drinks or do you have to get them at the Rio?

$2 or $3 for a bottle of water? No thanks.

Lloyd
07-26-2006, 07:03 PM
See this post. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=WSOP&Number=6569985&Searc hpage=1&Main=6569985&Words=+theordinaryboy&topic=& Search=true#Post6569985)