PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peak At PokerStars Goodie Bag

Solitare
07-26-2006, 09:30 AM
http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2006/07/wsop-pokerstars-goody-bags.html

Unfortunately polo shirts are not part of the list. I think the jerseys tend to look a bit silly on anyone who is not in their 20s. Hopefully I'll find a PokerStars person who'll let me exchange for a couple of polos.

steeser
07-26-2006, 09:35 AM
I think the basketball jersey will look like pure white trash.

kevstreet
07-26-2006, 09:50 AM
That's awesome, I'm jealous on so many levels.

Ben Young
07-26-2006, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One duffel bag (top left), big enough to carry two watermelons or a medium-sized dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

stikit2u
07-26-2006, 10:06 AM
What about this? From the tournament rules.

Tournament participants may wear one item of apparel with a logo no larger than 6 square
inches in size. Harrah’s reserves the right at all times, to change the logo size limit, ban the
wearing/display of any or all logos, or to ban any apparel or other means of advertising that
contains obscene images or words or is otherwise deemed objectionable by Harrah’s.
Harrah’s also reserves the right to exclude any individual(s) acting in a disruptive or
inappropriate manner.

runnerunner
07-26-2006, 10:11 AM
I am pretty sure they only enforce this at the TV table.

mlagoo
07-26-2006, 10:14 AM
that soccer jersey is money. that's a lock for what i'm wearing during the tourney.

Starfish
07-26-2006, 10:22 AM
I don't get this, being a walking advertisement for free. (Nothing against Stars here)

jaybert
07-26-2006, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get this, being a walking advertisement for free. (Nothing against Stars here)

[/ QUOTE ]

its not for free....didnt they book your hotel in exchange?

Dunkman
07-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Not for free, for 1k.

FCBLComish
07-26-2006, 10:34 AM
If you are a walking advertisment for Stars, you get extra money from them. If you bring a medium size dog in to Harrahs, you will probably be in trouble. Stick with the 2 watermelons.

Solitare
07-26-2006, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Before being quick to judge, I would look in your own closet and see the number of t-shirts, shirts, pants, and shoes that have logos on them. You are pretty much a walking advertisement every day, the difference is you paid to wear the logos rather than getting $1K.

Death Valley
07-26-2006, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Before being quick to judge, I would look in your own closet and see the number of t-shirts, shirts, pants, and shoes that have logos on them. You are pretty much a walking advertisement every day, the difference is you paid to wear the logos rather than getting $1K.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure thats what he was trying to say /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sdplayerb
07-26-2006, 10:52 AM
I like the soccer jersey. But i do hope to get some better tshirts. a sweatshirt would be nice too.
I'm not really going to wear a letterman's jacket while playing.

Jurollo
07-26-2006, 11:02 AM
I am going to feel spoiled this year, last year Empire Poker gave me 3 oversized Polos and a craptacular hat and said "Good Luck"
~Justin

mlagoo
07-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I saw that their wasn't a hoodie in there, which is kind of a bummer. I understand they really pump in the A/C in those rooms.

Do you know whether it is within the rules to just rock a Stars hat and have on my own hoodie?

edit: oh, and to reply to the other poster -- in exchange for rocking that sweet soccer jersey, they are putting me up in the monte carlo for a week. i'm a happy camper.

scottjf8
07-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Guess I'll bring my polo's from last year to wear

runnerunner
07-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Last year I wore the hat and my own G&R T-shirt and no one said anything to me. The gear looks much nicer this year, however.

Werty83
07-26-2006, 12:03 PM
The hockey and soccer jerseys are definitely the way to go. A long-sleeved t-shirt or a polo would've been nice.

Daleroxxu
07-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Think I'll be going with the red soccer shirt with the black and red cap for Day 1.

All I need to do now is find some red tinted sunglasses...... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

cdutilb
07-26-2006, 12:56 PM
My question is if you are just a random internet qualifer how would poker stars or any site for that matter even know if you were wearng their gear?

Daleroxxu
07-26-2006, 01:14 PM
I doubt they would. But do you want to risk being landed with a hotel bill for the full whack?

TomHimself
07-26-2006, 01:18 PM
the black and red hat is pretty sweet imo. its prolly not fitted or flexfit /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Daleroxxu
07-26-2006, 01:24 PM
If it's the same as the usual pokerstars caps then it's complete cheapo nasty garbage.

Looks like they've invested quite a bit in this new gear though, so maybe these hats are flexfit.

Ditch Digger
07-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Everything looks pretty good. Now I just hope I ordered the correct size. Of course, I'm probably just going to be rocking the hat and wearing my own t shirts.

Werty83
07-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah I wish they were black fitted flex fits, but instead they look like they are those ones w/ the cloth strap in the back. I hate those. 50 year olds wear those.

Curse
07-26-2006, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]wear it over a red or black shirt and it will be fine.

steeser
07-26-2006, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]wear it over a red or black shirt and it will be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I can think of is the fat bowler guy wearing his Washington Wizards jersey in last years Main Event. He was wearing a white t-shirt under it.

stereoman
07-26-2006, 04:02 PM
That'd be Joe Stillman (we're getting the repeats of last year's event shown here to um, whet our appetites).

07-26-2006, 04:32 PM

mikeymer
07-26-2006, 04:51 PM
this stars [censored] just strikes me as so corny... i will probably end up wearing the t-shirt with a zip up polo... I hope thats within the rules.

Jurollo
07-26-2006, 04:59 PM
I am biased, obviously, but this looks pretty badass, I have a letterman jacket already with black arms, so the tan is nice. But after the ME for those of you (this includes me) that want something cool to hang up on a wall as a memento from playing this, the hockey jersey would look very cool framed, since it also says "WSOP TEAM 2006" on the bottom, you could hang it in a bar type room or wherever the Football and other sports are watched in the house. Just a little idea for those of you into that sorta thing.
~Justin

DVaut1
07-26-2006, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am biased, obviously, but this looks pretty badass, I have a letterman jacket already with black arms, so the tan is nice. But after the ME for those of you (this includes me) that want something cool to hang up on a wall as a memento from playing this, the hockey jersey would look very cool framed, since it also says "WSOP TEAM 2006" on the bottom, you could hang it in a bar type room or wherever the Football and other sports are watched in the house. Just a little idea for those of you into that sorta thing.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

The bags from last year had everyone's name (and "Team PokerStars 2005") embroidered onto them; do you know if that's happening again this year? It sounds strange, but I consider the bag my momento/keepsake from last year. When I've shown it to friends and family, they're much more impressed with the bag than anything inside of it (again, mostly because my name was stitched into it) -- but it must be noted last year's apparel consisted of mostly of standard polo shirts and what not, and not hockey/baseball/basketball jerseys. Last year did have the sort of strange-but-cool red satin baseball jacket.

Ignignokt
07-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Do they have PS logo pocket squares for those players wanting to wear suits? (I would, had I made it.)

kemystery
07-26-2006, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I had no idea they gave us so much stuff. Leatherman jacket, three jerseys +?? vnh stars

[/ QUOTE ]

pics of leatherman

07-26-2006, 07:27 PM

redsoxsalty
07-26-2006, 07:38 PM
bummer, soccer jersey isn't in the fpp store. i have enough hockey jerseys...

Solitare
07-26-2006, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just got my bag.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are the contents the same in the picture in the PokerStars blog? Anything besides the jerseys -- polo, sweatshirt? It is clearly nice that the quality is high.

Yo Adrians!
07-26-2006, 08:24 PM
I'll seriously pay someone for an XL Stars soccer jersey. It's just awesome. PM me if you want ...

Ignignokt
07-26-2006, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I had no idea they gave us so much stuff. Leatherman jacket, three jerseys +?? vnh stars

[/ QUOTE ]

pics of leatherman

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2082/00106966bk8.jpg

07-27-2006, 12:07 AM

Solitare
07-27-2006, 08:41 AM
The dildo will come in handy when it goes hand-for-hand and you need something to keep yourself entertained. Stars thinks of everything!

Martin Aigner
07-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Just got my Bag, and I gotta say, I´m really impressed. They do have a special bag for Supernovas, which includes:

- A leather trolly (maybe not everyones taste, but nice anyway). Guess it´s this one: trolly (http://www.clairechase.com/MyCart/ProductDetails/Classic%20Pullman.aspx?url=/MyCart/ProductListing/Pullman.aspx)
- A leather notebook bag, of course same colour Notebook bag (http://www.clairechase.com/MyCart/ProductDetails/Compact%20Computer%20Case.aspx?url=/MyCart/ProductListing/Computer%20Carriers.aspx)
- Your choice of a bottle of Glenlivet or Wodka (now this makes the handling of an early exit from the ME way easier /images/graemlins/cool.gif )
- A lucky charm stuffed animal
- A PokerStars Baseball
- Cards from Team PokerStars (now I can go to bed with the image of Isabelle Mercier /images/graemlins/blush.gif )
- A PS-T-Shirt with "NH" written on the front and "ty" on the back
- Another T-Shirt
- A Basketballshirt
- A Baseball jersey
- 2 PS-Caps
- A PS-Hockey jersey
- A PS-Soccer jersey
- A letterman-style jacket (got a wrong size on this one. I´m XXL, and this is probably M /images/graemlins/grin.gif )
- A PS Sportsbag

So you non-Supernova-guys: Envious? /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Best regards

Martin Aigner

scottc25
07-27-2006, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the black and red hat is pretty sweet imo. its prolly not fitted or flexfit /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just picked my bag up. It IS flex-fit.

mlagoo
07-27-2006, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
- A PS-T-Shirt with "NH" written on the front and "ty" on the back

[/ QUOTE ]

sick!

HouseBlouse
07-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Wow I totallyu got ripped off by qualifying last year. The only thing cool we got was some nice pokerstars luggage. oh and i brought back 55k but i want smoe cool clothes!

hulk3rules
07-28-2006, 12:55 AM
So I take it these Hockey/soccer jerseys aren't available any other way? bummer- they look cool

DVaut1
07-28-2006, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow I totallyu got ripped off by qualifying last year. The only thing cool we got was some nice pokerstars luggage. oh and i brought back 55k but i want smoe cool clothes!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll sell you my bag from this year and all of its contents for $55k. I'll even pay for shipping. PM me.

citanul
07-28-2006, 01:42 AM
The Party Goodie Bag was amazing.

c

FieryJustice
07-28-2006, 01:54 AM
is party actually giving out good stuff or is it the typical stuff?

Photoc
07-28-2006, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Party Goodie Bag was amazing.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread needed C, I'm sure others are curious as well.

boedeker
07-28-2006, 08:37 PM
according to citanul the party good bag included:
palm pilot
rolling suit case
backgammon set
tons of clothing
water
and other goodies