PDA

View Full Version : Party Points- I'm still Silver???

AA Suited
01-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Current Category : Silver
Points required to :
Remain in Silver category: 10000
Move to Gold category: 50000

I just logged into my acct. i cleared enough points for Gold status in Dec, and it said back then the points needed to move to Gold = 0.

hm.. "Last updated 12/31/05"

so i guess on Jan 2,2006, it would be last updated Jan 1,2006 and I would be Gold? (no, i'm not going to contact the worthless Party support.)

but then again, why the stupid confusing thing of resetting my points to get to the next level. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

sorry for the rant... having a bad day and it's only 11am.

augie_
01-01-2006, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(no, i'm not going to contact the worthless Party support.)

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't worthless when it comes to dumb stuff like this. Email them.

augie_
01-01-2006, 12:19 PM
So I logged on to my account and i have the same problem. I am still a blue member even though i should be gold. i emailed them and asked for them to fix it.

Sniper
01-01-2006, 02:11 PM
The process to move categories in the Players club is not automatically run on the 1st day after the Qtr!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It will run sometime this week... confirmed as Jan 7th at the latest!

You will continue to accrue points based on your old category, until the process is run!!

augie_
01-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah I have a feeling they have to manually update this sort of thing. They got back to me in email and said that my account will be fixed tomorrow.

AA Suited
01-01-2006, 03:00 PM
wow...manually?

Party is a $1B year company and it's a minor programing thing to automate it.

ie:
if points (oct,nov,dec) >50000, then status= Gold

then again, i just remembered the VIP offers.

now do you understand why i have little faith in party support?

WLVRYN
01-01-2006, 03:24 PM
I had the same thing happen when I became a gold member. It took about 3 emails and a week and a half, but it eventually got changed. Also my regluar points earned during the period that I should have been upgraded ended up being doubled after the fact (rather than just 1.5 times for a silver member). I'd email them, but it should get changed.

AA Suited
01-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Their reply:

"due to some Technical difficulty at our end, the categorization of the players in regard to Players Club Points is delayed. Therefore, the categorization of the players will be done within a week.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused."

AA Suited
01-02-2006, 11:34 AM
ok, it's fixed.. i'm now gold /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sniper
01-02-2006, 12:15 PM
I can also confirm that I am now Silver!

WLVRYN
01-02-2006, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get any sort of email or confirmation from them (other than just logging into your points page)? When I got bumped I got no notification from them, but mine was manually changed a week and a half or so after the end of the quarter a couple of quarters back. I was just curious if they said anything interesting in the email.

Sniper
01-02-2006, 02:07 PM
I didn't get any email noting the status change!

AA Suited
01-02-2006, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get any sort of email or confirmation from them (other than just logging into your points page)? When I got bumped I got no notification from them, but mine was manually changed a week and a half or so after the end of the quarter a couple of quarters back. I was just curious if they said anything interesting in the email.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, no email. just saw it

WLVRYN
01-02-2006, 03:25 PM
OK, thanks. Glad I didnt miss anything.

tagtastic
01-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Yay - I'm gold now. I can now earn useless points even faster than before.