PDA

View Full Version : Seminar

Blair Rodman
07-25-2006, 08:20 PM
I doing a seminar at the PokerStars suite at the Rio tomorrow (wed) at 6pm, if anyone's interested.

BigBuffet
07-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Who are you? And why don't you speak proper English? Pass the curry.

yawak
07-26-2006, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this remark, but Blair Rodman is the coauthor of Kill Phill (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/0929712242/ref=dp_image_0/102-8619514-2638506?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books).

CaryDarling
07-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Blair spoke to our Wednesday group some months ago and was fantastic. He came in and said that he had not really prepared to speak about anything in particular, and then proceeded to wow us with a very informative discussion that lasted almost two hours.

If you have a chance to listen to Blair speak, I suggest you take advantage of it.

I will more than likely be attending.

entertainme
07-26-2006, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I doing a seminar at the PokerStars suite at the Rio tomorrow (wed) at 6pm, if anyone's interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really wish I could be there Blair. I could use the help!

Four WSOP cashes so far this year. On to the bracelet!

Blair Rodman (http://www.pokerpages.com/players/profiles/57993/blair-rodman.htm)

CybrPunk
07-26-2006, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally uncalled for... Blair is a great player with rather good results and a wonderful knowledge of the game. It's a great thing that some of the pros are willing to come here and discuss poker with us and it's guys like you that make them not want to come back. You registered here a week or so ago? Who are you?!?!

Wish I was in Vegas for this Blair. I really enjoyed the book and would have loved to be in town this week. Alas, I suck at qualifying.

Maybe next year...

henrikrh
07-26-2006, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally uncalled for... Blair is a great player with rather good results and a wonderful knowledge of the game..

[/ QUOTE ]

Not totally uncalled for, if someone does not know who Blair is and Blair posts saying he will be giving a seminar but has a glaring error in his post ("I giving") it is too much to expect someone, due to the anonymity of the internet, not to act like a total nit.

A totally nitty question: Is "Why don't you?" technically correct? Wouldn't it mean "Why do not you?" which clearly sounds wrong? I know it's used in everyday english but it just struck me that it might not be technically correct form.

luckyday
07-26-2006, 01:03 PM
I would love to attend this, but I won't be arriving until after midnight. Any chance it'll still be running? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

(anyone like my usage of that it'll contraction?)

Stumpy
07-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Henrikrh,

I really don't think you can defend someone who ends their comment with "Pass the curry" and say it was a legitimate question.

Personally, if I saw this post and didn't know who Blair was, maybe I'd use Google, read some of his other posts, wait and see how other people respond, or just not be a total ass for no reason.

Here's another post by BigBuffet, for people wondering who he is:

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, that's a heinous crime. They should be shot...

Don't be such a nit. With hundreds of live action tables to cover by a few guys running around the tables and even fewer at the back table inputting the data into the website, mistakes will happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

bwana devil
07-26-2006, 01:39 PM
ill be getting into vegas a day late. otherwise id be there.

BigBuffet
07-26-2006, 11:04 PM
I WAS JOKING.

You guys need to lighten up around here. I know who he is. I bought his book.

Sorry Blair.

BigBuffet
07-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Yes Stumpy, that's called sarcasm...

I didn't know sarcasm and defending Cardplayer reporters was against the rules here.

bwana devil
07-26-2006, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I WAS JOKING.

You guys need to lighten up around here. I know who he is. I bought his book.

Sorry Blair.

[/ QUOTE ]

your joke fell flat.

CybrPunk
07-27-2006, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes Stumpy, that's called sarcasm...

I didn't know sarcasm and defending Cardplayer reporters was against the rules here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm doesn't always come across very well on an internet forum and can easily be mistaken as a derogatory comment, aka a flame. Thanks for clearing the air.

I've just seen too many pros get driven away from the forum by comments like that, regardless of the posters intentions. I understand being sarcastic, but I think there's a proper time and place... and this thread really wasn't it.

To get back on topic, did anyone attend the seminar yesterday and what were your thoughts on it?

Blair Rodman
07-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Actually, when I got there yesterday the PokerStars suite was gone, replaced by another convention. Apparently I missed a message from Richie Korbin telling me that we'd have to postpone. We re-scheduled for next Tue at 6pm, in the new PokerStars suite, wherever that will be.