PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Vegas for ME, how late can I buy a seat?

dlpnyc21
07-25-2006, 03:46 PM
My flight I scheduled to arrive on Thursday night late. Can I still head over to the Rio and register for the ME that starts on Friday? I call the WSOP hotline and I can't get a human being to save my life. Any advice appreciated.
I am specifically asking if I show up at the Rio at like 1am on Friday morning if there is still a way to buy a seat.
Thanks,
dlpnyc

WSOPChump
07-25-2006, 03:52 PM
yeah the buy in area will be open 24 7 so thursday night or 1am fri morning would be the best time to enter.
you can probably register up until friday at 2pm. but its probably alot better idea to register right when u arrive.

dlpnyc21
07-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Also, which days are still available? Only Friday and Saturday? Thanks,
dlpnyc

AcesUp
07-25-2006, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, which days are still available? Only Friday and Saturday?

[/ QUOTE ]

I registered this morning, and Friday was the only option.

I'm guessing it's because they want to keep the days even, so it's possible they'll open up Saturday (or other days) again later...but right now, it's just Friday...

-Aces

Chapdoggy
07-25-2006, 05:09 PM
This was the latest as of two days ago from the WSOP Harrahs official announcement

"As of July 23, more than 6,100 players had pre-registered for the upcoming $10,000 No-Limit Texas Hold’em World Championship. The amount surpasses last year’s record of 5,619 entries, ensuring this year’s Main Event, which starts July 28, will be the largest and richest live poker event ever held.

Tournament organizers scheduled a four-day start for the event to accommodate the enormous demand for seats. Registration continues around the clock at the Rio until July 28, at which point – if seats are still available – players can register on each start day until the first level of play is concluded. Registration closes entirely at the conclusion of the first level of play on July 31. "

Chapdoggy
07-25-2006, 05:10 PM
And from what I hear from people biatching about getting shut out of preffered days I wouldn't count on their being any Sunday or Monday seats left

CanIPlayII
07-25-2006, 05:57 PM
They will take your $10,000 if they have to play 15 handed.

Actual God
07-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Anyone have any new info about this? How many players, if they'll be capping it, etc.?