PDA

View Full Version : Stud/8 event gripe

MarkGritter
07-25-2006, 01:01 AM
I busted out ignominously tonight. Nothing interesting to report about the play. I was sitting to the left of Jeff Madsen, who was a fairly tough player in Stud/8 as well as the two events he has already won. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

But... I counted my chips before the dinner break and wrote down 1200 + 450 + 50 + 20 = 1720. (12x 100's, 18x 25's, 14x 5's.)

When we came back, our dealer (who had pushed) attracted my attention and said to check my chips, since he had knocked over Jeff Madsen's stack by accident. So I did and it was only 1325. (12x 100s and 5x 25s, the 5s had been raced off.) But, Madsen (who I belive was honest) had the right number of chips, and certainly no excess of 25s--- his much bigger stack was almost entirely 100s.

I called a floor, the floor alerted some other honcho, and they checked the tapes. He came back and said it was "inconclusive": they did not see anybody touch my chips during the break.

I'll admit I screw up occasionally but I find it hard to believe that I looked at 4 chips and wrote down "$450". I certainly didn't have just $125 in smaller denominations, that would mean I had only 3 25's and I had just won half of a pot.

This incident left a bad taste in my mouth. Assuming I ever play a Harrah's tournament again, is there any way I can better protect myself against a repeat?

Bonus gripe: the only Stud/8 tournament clock display was all the way across the room from my table. A nearby display was showing the Hold'em shootout timer, but none of those tables were nearby. WTF?

chopstick
07-25-2006, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I called a floor, the floor alerted some other honcho, and they checked the tapes. He came back and said it was "inconclusive": they did not see anybody touch my chips during the break.

This incident left a bad taste in my mouth. Assuming I ever play a Harrah's tournament again, is there any way I can better protect myself against a repeat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a cameraphone? Perhaps a quick snapshot? Or would it be worth bringing along an inexpensive digital camera to take a few shots of the empty table, with your chipstack dead center?

Is this not monitored any other way? How are they to keep shenanigans from occurring if not?

Good luck in your remaining events.