PDA

View Full Version : Boston Area Stars players interviewed

Werty83
07-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Did anybody else from Boston get interviewed by the Globe after winning a seat through Pokerstars?

The woman seemed to want to take an anti-online poker stance, and I wouldn't let her (hopefully) through my quotes. A photographer came today. Stars will hopefully get some solid press through this.

Rhett
07-24-2006, 02:01 PM
Have you never been interviewed before? You will be missquoted.

bwana devil
07-24-2006, 02:28 PM
did they receive your name from the stars email in which stars asked if you would like to interviewed by local media? i declined.

it seemed like a complete win situation for stars and i would get nothing in return. also on the slim chance i final tabled and stars wanted to use my real name, i was afraid i might give up future negotiating rights. plus professionally, i considered it may not be a good idea to be in the paper for this reason. i didnt really see any upside to an interview.

Werty83
07-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah they got my name from that. I'm a bit (a lot) of a ham, and I don't have any real qualms or any employer right now that cares, so I went for it.

Also, I really like Stars, especially after they just gave away 4 extra seats in a satellite I played in when the site broke down, so I was ok w/ them getting free press through me.

ravenfan1733
07-24-2006, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you never been interviewed before? You will be missquoted.

[/ QUOTE ]

bwana devil
07-24-2006, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever been intimate with a goat before? You will be missquoted.

[/ QUOTE ]

raven, what an absurd thing to ask. wtf is wrong w/ you?

bwana