PDA

View Full Version : UB Qualifers

MFCMark
07-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Didn't see a UB thread, and there wasn't one linked in the sticky. If there is one already I apologise.

Was anyone had any information from UB recently? As usual they're not addressing questions when I email them etc. so figured someone here might know more.

I assume we're required to wear UB clothing, however I haven't been sent any, and other than one question in the registration email haven't been asked for sizes. One of the few replies I got from UB after asking that question said 'You have no obligations to our compnay while in Las Vegas', but I'm certain that's wrong.

Pre-WSOP party at Voodoo lounge, I got the email saying a bit about the party at Voodoo, but have deleted it. Was it the Wednesday or Thursday night? Also anyone know what time it starts, and if it's a name list deal, or we need to pick up tickets from the UB tent?

I'll probably just go straight to the UB tent upon arrival, but flying from the UK I might just go straight to my hotel, and arriving Wednesday means I need to know this stuff before I get there to make plans.

ravenfan1733
07-24-2006, 01:56 PM
I won a contest sponsored by UB and they told me the VIP party was 7PM on Thursday night but I e-mailed them last week to confirm exactly where and have heard nothing.

MFCMark
07-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Well we have the information between us then!

It's at the Rio Voodoo Lounge.

RavenJackson
07-24-2006, 03:10 PM
VooDoo Lounge.
Thursday July 27, 2006
8:00 pm
featuring the Dan Band

MFCMark
07-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Ha, well in the email they sent me ages ago they claimed it was in Voodoo.

Will just have to ask at the UB stand I guess.

Ditch Digger
07-24-2006, 04:25 PM
The Dan Band is awesome. I guess I should've qualified through UB.

JuntMonkey
07-24-2006, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Dan Band is awesome. I guess I should've qualified through UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw the Dan Band in NYC a year and a half ago. Phil Gordon was there playing NL with Artie Lang and Ba-Ba-Booey. I shook Gordon's hand and couldn't think of anything intelligent to say, so I spouted out something inane about pocket aces.

luckyday
07-24-2006, 05:05 PM
I just got an email from UB inviting me to the WSOP party on Thursday at 8:00pm at the Voodoo Lounge in the Rio.

It said to pick up my VIP wristband from the UB suite.

One slightly strange thing about all this is that I didn't win a WSOP seat through UB. I did win seats through other sites, but not UB. Anyone else get this email?

mikeymer
07-24-2006, 05:08 PM
lol. ub is sending approx. 18 pepole to the WSOP... I can't tell you how much I hate that site.
Worst customer service, they took away all big buyin MTT, their sat's suck, their bonuses suck, they suck.

JohnFR
07-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Yes luckyday, I qual'd through PS, and I just got the e-mail earlier today, wonder how they know I qualified?

TripleQ
07-24-2006, 05:09 PM
I just got an invite from UB for the party. It's been months since I've played there.

Teldar
07-24-2006, 05:40 PM
I just received an invitation to the UB VIP party as well, even though I didn't qualify through UB. I wonder if they just sent this invitation to everyone with a UB account. Did anyone receive this invite that isnt going to the WSOP?

Black Aces 518
07-24-2006, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just got an invite from UB for the party. It's been months since I've played there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah me too, and I am qualified for the ME (through Stars). Weird.

luckyday
07-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Maybe they got a list of all the people who are registered for the ME and cross referenced it with their player database?

Or maybe they just invited all of their members, but the only ones who are reading this thread are the ones who are going to the WSOP /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DonT77
07-25-2006, 10:52 AM
I qualified on UB and I have yet to hear anything about the status of my WSOPME registration. They are not returning my e-mails. All I get is e-mails about their party on Thursday night, which I found went out to non-UB WSOP qualifiers too. It is 2 days before I have to leave for Vegas and I've not heard anything meaningful from them yet. I seriously doubt I'll try to play any more qualifiers on their site.

SumZero
07-25-2006, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just received an invitation to the UB VIP party as well, even though I didn't qualify through UB. I wonder if they just sent this invitation to everyone with a UB account. Did anyone receive this invite that isnt going to the WSOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I got the invite and I'm not going to be in Vegas. It is more of a UB players' party than UB WSOP players' party.