PDA

View Full Version : RAZZ IT UP, BABY!!!!

CardSharpCook
07-22-2006, 04:20 PM
OH GOD, I CAN"T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT VERY MUYCH LONGER. oH GOD!!!

driverseati
07-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Just wait until your excitement is crumbled when your A-4-5 comes off 6-5-4-A and some joker with Q low wins. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

i am run
07-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Q low winning is an awsome way to win.

AlwaysAir
07-22-2006, 06:46 PM
if only I knew how to play that [censored]

Photoc
07-22-2006, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wait until your excitement is crumbled when your A-4-5 comes off 6-5-4-A and some joker with Q low wins. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't a 6 low beat a Q low? What would be the 5th card in the first hand?

Kevmath
07-22-2006, 07:24 PM
maybe the 6-5-4-A hand went K-6-A?

benza13
07-22-2006, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't a 6 low beat a Q low? What would be the 5th card in the first hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant starting with A-4-5 and being dealt 6-5-4-A to end up with 3 pair.

bearly
07-22-2006, 09:34 PM
wait til' your aa gets cracked by kk..........why do so many folks take the lederer whine that you should get low cards and win every hand, other wise 7-low is a terrible game?.....b

55Darryl
07-23-2006, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OH GOD, I CAN"T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT VERY MUYCH LONGER. oH GOD!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

RazzO

CardSharpCook
07-23-2006, 04:33 AM
Here's a sexy hand: (A2)4...3...A....3.....(4). Your T7 is good, sir.

Another one, guy calls on 6th with a JTT3 board. I show a possible 8. I miss my 24 outs on the river, bet anyway, he is good.

Then there is my 2346 board, guy calls a river bet with an 865 board. "Yes, sir, one of my 3 hole cards is one of the 15 cards I need to beat you. Surprisingly. 86 no good. Quit staring at your cards, it is great you made an 86, but it happens to be worthless."

My bustout hand was (A9(3, which I 2bet (I only have 5bets) PF (completor had a 9 door). I was 3bet by a 7 door.... he had 378. WTF????

Another headscratcheer was a 3-way pot in which I bet my pretty obvious 9865 board (I was the bring-in with a 9-door) . Lady stares down at my cards, she has a 8886 board, and she calls....ignoring the A2KK board the other guy has... She does, indeed, make a better 86 on the river. Wonderful.

integrate
07-23-2006, 04:46 AM
I'm for sure playing in this event next year. My favorite/most frustrating game by far.

I have simply concluded that in this game you're better off just raising hard with any one low card and just hoping that you hit your perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, to win.

*TT*
07-23-2006, 09:04 AM
And here I am thinking I'm the only guy who loves to play Razz. TV gave this game a really bad name, its not that frustrating at all (except when the antes are incredibly high)... you just need patience.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

sheetsworld
07-23-2006, 10:15 AM
JOHNNYBAX 2ND IN CHIPS...NEVER PLAYED A SINGLE HAND OF RAZZ IN HIS LIFE...PLS SHIP TY

sheets

FeliciaLee
07-23-2006, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And here I am thinking I'm the only guy who loves to play Razz. TV gave this game a really bad name, its not that frustrating at all (except when the antes are incredibly high)... you just need patience.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this might be the first post you've ever written that I agree with wholly.

I just wrote in my journal about it a couple of days ago. I always said that Razz should be a "woman's game." Thank God no women have caught onto that, lol.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

*TT*
07-23-2006, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
JOHNNYBAX 2ND IN CHIPS...NEVER PLAYED A SINGLE HAND OF RAZZ IN HIS LIFE...PLS SHIP TY

sheets

[/ QUOTE ]

Its so easy to play if you have just a small amount of lowball experience aand a good solid understanding of the fundamental theorem of poker, no wonder why Bax is doing so well. You don't even need much stud experience. Go Bax!

*TT*
07-23-2006, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this might be the first post you've ever written that I agree with wholly.

[/ QUOTE ]

wholly???

PS: you know my love for lowball games started when we met right? If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be rocking the Triple Draw, Badugi, and Razz games. If I haven't said it yet, thanks for giving me that small push. Next on my list is 5 card draw/KC Lowball but thats going to have to wait for a year.

FeliciaLee
07-23-2006, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wholly???

PS: you know my love for lowball games started when we met right? If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be rocking the Triple Draw, Badugi, and Razz games. If I haven't said it yet, thanks for giving me that small push. Next on my list is 5 card draw/KC Lowball but thats going to have to wait for a year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, most of the time your posts are about gay stuff like clothes and fashion.

You're welcome, but of course I don't remember anything. Chemo pretty much wiped out the past two years of my memory. I still remember some things vaguely, but most things that the happened right before I got cancer, and during treatment, are just gone.

I think we played in that Mirage donkfest, right? And you had allergies, so you thought you could cure it with tons of alcohol?? NH, sir. I do remember I played really badly. I was going through my "I hate Hold'em more than ever before" phase at that time.

You should have no problem with Razz and not steaming, since you know the math behind the game, and you are gay, so might as well say you are a woman /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sponger.
07-23-2006, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

sheets

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't he try and say this last year when he won the 7 card stud tourney?

*TT*
07-23-2006, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, most of the time your posts are about gay stuff like clothes and fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly sure my posts related to that subject is less than 1%. Its true that I am pro self-empowerment - young poker players need to take care of their lives as well as their game, this includes investing, living life to the fullest, not living in a pig sty and wearing clothes that doesn't make you look like a bum when your making 100k + a year playing poker is kinda lame. But in reality its really a tiny focus of mine that has become imortalised by my silly avatar & title.

But in all seriousness to refresh your memory, after we met at the Mirage we were talking about stud because I was considering learning that game next. Your advice was to try Razz first because its easier to learn (you were right) and you also talked about draw games. Within a month or so I started playing Triple Draw and I haven't looked back since. This foundation gave me a better understanding of value betting on the river in Hold'em in margional situations, bluffing, and the ability to sit in nearly any new poker game with no experience yet still (generally) do fairly well.

PS: Felicia has previously admitted she thinks I'm gay because I'm better looking then her /images/graemlins/wink.gif lol...

Dynasty
07-23-2006, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TV gave this game a really bad name...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasn't it been on TV only once (the 2004 WSOP)? If so, the name given may have been "bad". But, at least it got some attention. I doubt razz would be as "popular" as it is now without that one show.

<font color="white">"quotes" are lame. </font>

FeliciaLee
07-23-2006, 12:50 PM
You are right about the clothes and players not stinking. I'm just a goofball and have to give you crap. It's like some long, running joke that simply won't go away, even if it's not funny anymore. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I have no recollection of that conversation with you. None.

It's not hard to be better looking than me! I mean, what are you striving for? I need a good plastic surgeon. I can't believe Jennifer Tilly is almost 50 and looks ten times better than I ever looked. Her face is frigging flawless, as is Meg's. I pointed to her the other day and told Glenn, "I need her plastic surgeon. Find him for me!"

If Glenn gets ITM in the main event, I'm going for that dermabrasion stuff for sure. I look so tired and worn. It's hard to believe that this (http://www.frontiernet.net/~bagsmode/Fel0501--head-80x80.jpg) person and this (http://www.frontiernet.net/~bagsmode/bald_felAv.jpg) person are the same person!

Plus the surgeon who cut off my boobs said they would grow back. It's been over a year and I see no sigh of them growing. Think I could sue for malpractice? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

*TT*
07-23-2006, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus the surgeon who cut off my boobs said they would grow back. It's been over a year and I see no sigh of them growing. Think I could sue for malpractice? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you try fertilizer? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sheetsworld
07-23-2006, 01:02 PM
On the second to last last hand of the night, when they were on the bubble and no one wanted to go out after playing until 5am, bax had a three showing, and raised, announcing "i promise i dont have a single card higher than a three"...everyone folded and he showed trip 3's lol

sheets

Kevmath
07-23-2006, 02:58 PM
One of these days, they'll make this a 3 day event. They're starting today at 4pm PT, which means this will probably end about 9am tomorrow.

scottc25
07-24-2006, 02:30 AM
I lasted till 20 minutes into level 11. I was on a short stack from the end of level 7 on. I survived 5 all-ins. I busted around the 55th-60th area.

sheetsworld
07-24-2006, 02:58 AM
BAX OBV CHIPLEADER WITH 5 LEFT

sheets

52s
07-24-2006, 03:07 AM
Last 5 being moved to the TV set.

Sweeeeeeeeet, even in highlight form.

Kevmath
07-24-2006, 01:43 PM
I was reading elsewhere that Bax asked a floorman what the worst hand in Razz was, since he didn't know. The floorman said it was 75432. Only after speaking with Matt Matros did he find out it was actually 5432A.

52s
07-24-2006, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was reading elsewhere that Bax asked a floorman what the worst hand in Razz was, since he didn't know. The floorman said it was 75432. Only after speaking with Matt Matros did he find out it was actually 5432A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, this goofup of the nut-hand among the lowball games isn't as uncommon as this makes it look.