PDA

View Full Version : UGH, TERRIBLE RIVER SPOT

mscags
01-20-2006, 07:42 PM
When the villain cold called the completio on third, I put him on Kings. The way he played the hand it sure seemed like he had Kings. With that being said, I honestly don't know what I beat when he reraises me on the river? Thoughts?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.htm))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls

4th Street - (4.10 SB)

Hero: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.55 BB)

Hero: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

6th Street - (7.55 BB)

Hero: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls

River - (9.55 BB)

Hero: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___Hating Life
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks___raises

Raul Wong
01-20-2006, 07:49 PM
scags,

I think it would be really tough to try and save a bet here even though it certainly seems like you are going to lose this pot more than one in twelve or whatever price you were getting on the river. Calling one more bet in this situation certainly is not going to hurt your long term expectation or anything...it just really sucks because unless the guy is a clown, I cant see how you win here.

Bremen
01-20-2006, 08:09 PM
call and pray he's an idiot or has a club flush.

ColdCaller
01-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Definitely calling this, even though we know the results. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Also, wtf was with the full-BI against me when you rivered me for half when we were playing short-handed. Know something I don't about full BI?

mscags
01-20-2006, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, wtf was with the full-BI against me when you rivered me for half when we were playing short-handed. Know something I don't about full BI?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I know anything special lol. If I remember the hand right, I had a decent low hand and everyone elses boards looked like crap and so I decided there was a good chance I could steal the antes. After you raised me i wasn't sure if you had seen that I brought it in for a full bet or not and I was kind of confused because I couldn't tell how legit your hand was.

ColdCaller
01-20-2006, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I know anything special lol. If I remember the hand right, I had a decent low hand and everyone elses boards looked like crap and so I decided there was a good chance I could steal the antes. After you raised me i wasn't sure if you had seen that I brought it in for a full bet or not and I was kind of confused because I couldn't tell how legit your hand was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I had (A3)5 suited.

Bartholow
01-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Looks like a fold to me, and I'm usually not a big laydown guy... His hand has to be pretty insane to be worth raising vs someone who looks low.

benwood
01-22-2006, 03:50 AM
If there was ever a place to lay it down on the river getting 12 to 1 odds,this is it.But,go ahead & give him his crappy money,I guess.You're screwed.

frappeboy
01-22-2006, 03:56 AM
I'd just give him my money.