PDA

View Full Version : Some Vegas/WSOP questions

IronUnkind
07-21-2006, 08:53 PM
1. Is the WSOP ME a big enough event to significantly overcrowd the rest of the strip?

2. Does one need to show a hotel key in order to avail themselves of the free shuttle service from Harrah's to Rio?

3. Will traffic be such a mess that one should even avoid side streets like Koval?

4. Just how crowded will The Rio be during the Main Event? Like Christmas shopping? Playoff baseball game? Sardine Can?

Basically, I'm arriving on the morning 28th and my plan is to drive from my timeshare (10 miles from strip) to Harrah's so my gf can hang out on the strip while I take the shuttle to the Rio. Will she be able to sweat me, or is it too crazy for that?

DVaut1
07-21-2006, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Is the WSOP ME a big enough event to significantly overcrowd the rest of the strip?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Not in the least. May have impact on the area poker rooms, but I didn't really notice that last year. The rest of Vegas seemed relatively dead during the ME last year.

Can't answer 2 and 3...

[ QUOTE ]
4. Just how crowded will The Rio be during the Main Event? Like Christmas shopping? Playoff baseball game? Sardine Can?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very crowded at the Rio Pavillion, particularly for the rail birds. Sardine can sounds about right.

[ QUOTE ]
Will she be able to sweat me, or is it too crazy for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty crowded and chaotic, and most of all boring. I suspect she'd have more fun doing most anything else, particularly if she doesn't give a [censored] about poker outside of what you're doing.

IronUnkind
07-21-2006, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suspect she'd have more fun doing most anything else, particularly if she doesn't give a [censored] about poker outside of what you're doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she's actually hoping to gawk @ celebrities (real ones, not poker players). What's a good venue for this? I just figured she might see Ben Affleck or something if she was on site.

ZPinhead
07-21-2006, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2. Does one need to show a hotel key in order to avail themselves of the free shuttle service from Harrah's to Rio?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, just get in line and hop on.

DocMartin
07-21-2006, 09:54 PM
My wife tells me she will be stalking Brad Pitt while we are there (apparently he may be filming in town at the time), perhaps they should get together. Her previous random sightings include Wayne Gretzky, Mike Tyson, George Hamilton, Jack Wagner, some Young and the Restless lady, and most recently Marty Casey of Rockstar INXS fame so she's had practice.

scottc25
07-22-2006, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all

[ QUOTE ]
3. Will traffic be such a mess that one should even avoid side streets like Koval?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Try to avoid Paradise though if you can during peak hours. Koval is a better side street.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the above in the tournament area.

Quicksilvre
07-22-2006, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think she's actually hoping to gawk @ celebrities (real ones, not poker players). What's a good venue for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the ME; it'll be too crowded and chaotic. Dunno where else, though.

psandman
07-22-2006, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think she's actually hoping to gawk @ celebrities (real ones, not poker players). What's a good venue for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the ME; it'll be too crowded and chaotic. Dunno where else, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Tao at the Venetian or Pure at Caesars