PDA

View Full Version : Have you won a seat?

DaHorseShu
07-21-2006, 01:39 PM
I recently won a site thru a unnamed site at this poiint the e-mail I got after winning said I would be contacted within 48 hours. I have yet to be contacted but I have contacted them and each time I am told the cardroom manager is not in. I understand they might be busy planning for the WSOP but there are only 22 seats that they gave away. What experiance has everyone else had conerning the seat they have won?

DVaut1
07-21-2006, 01:41 PM
You won't get any valuable responses unless you tell us the name of the site.

DaHorseShu
07-21-2006, 01:42 PM
I don't think the site name matters, it is a small one thou. I just wonder how the winners of the big names like poker stars and full tilt are being handled

Lawman007
07-21-2006, 02:54 PM
If you don't think the site name matters, then you must not want any responses, either.

Black Aces 518
07-21-2006, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the site name matters, it is a small one thou. I just wonder how the winners of the big names like poker stars and full tilt are being handled

[/ QUOTE ]

Because how PStars handles its 1500 entrants is likely to be quite analogous to an unnamed site sending 20 people. LOOOOOOOL.

Hey, while I'm in the WSOP forum, I was wondering if you guys could tell me about this restaraunt I want to go to in Vegas. You know, menu, prices, hours, and such. I really don't want to mention the name though. Help pls?

DVaut1
07-21-2006, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I recently won a site thru a unnamed site at this poiint the e-mail I got after winning said I would be contacted within 48 hours. I have yet to be contacted but I have contacted them and each time I am told the cardroom manager is not in. I understand they might be busy planning for the WSOP but there are only 22 seats that they gave away. What experiance has everyone else had conerning the seat they have won?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, well, just because I feel sort of bad for you, here it goes:

I qualified on Stars. Immediately after I qualified (as in, less than a few minutes after the tournament ended), I was sent a congratulatory email with 5 or 6 steps/'things to think about' -- i.e., Stars suggested I consider when I'm going to arrive, how I'm going to make travel arrangements, whether or not I wanted to accept their sponsorship deal, etc. They gave me an email address where I could contact them with any questions. They were very prompt in responding to all of my questions. They also said that I should expect an email from their registration staff shortly.

4 days later, their registration team/company (Meridican, I believe) sent me an email with a link to the "PokerStars Team WSOP 2006" registration site. I followed the link and provided the necessary information (which they in turn provided to Harrah's, along with the cash for the buy-in). This all happened at the end of April.

About a month later (at the end of May), Harrah's sent me an email saying that I had been registered and provided me with my starting day information.

I didn't get the hotel through Stars this year (I chose the cash option instead); however, when I qualified through Stars last year, I did take their offer for lodging; as I recall, they were very prompt getting me the reservation details and what not. Stars put me up at the Mirage, and my check-in was pretty much problem-free once I arrived.

I suspect whatever mysterious, unnamed poker site you qualified through likely handles things much differently (particularly at this late date, a week before the ME is set to begin), hence why I'm guessing this information is basically valueless to you.

Given that you say the site is small and only a handful of people have qualified there, I'm guessing not many here on 2p2 know how that site handles their qualifiers (particularly since, uh, you won't even tell us the name of the site). Your best bet is to continously pressure the site who you won with. Again, at this late date, I wouldn't be accepting "the card room manager is not here" as a legitimate answer. Ask to speak to the next in command. Get names. Get follow up contact information and phone numbers. Demand to know what time to call is the 'right' time to call to speak with the appropriate personnel. In other words, be a bully.