PDA

View Full Version : Days 1C and 1D are Full

ZBTHorton
07-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Got a e-mail from Stars today telling me that days 1C and 1D are full, at request of Harrah's so they can even our the days.

So if you haven't received your day assignment yet, your probably getting day 1A or 1B.

dmk
07-21-2006, 09:02 AM
haha. good. all the late qualifying suckers can join me on 1A /images/graemlins/smile.gif

why no love for 1A/B anyway

BigPoppa
07-21-2006, 09:14 AM
I requested 1D, 1C, 1B (in that order) and just got my confirmation email for 1B.

Well, at least I'll be able to party on Saturday night after donking off all my chips.

WSOPChump
07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
im guessing all the people who have been playing for a month want a few days off. Also, the people with the hotel packages probably dont mind getting there later either.

so i guess the only people left for day 1A, 1B are probably late direct buy ins or people who qualify and want to skip down right after they lose.

Temp Hutter
07-21-2006, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im guessing all the people who have been playing for a month want a few days off. Also, the people with the hotel packages probably dont mind getting there later either.

so i guess the only people left for day 1A, 1B are probably late direct buy ins or people who qualify and want to skip down right after they lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people will get knocked out on the first day and after all of the anticipation it is a real downer whenever you get knocked out. I chose to play on the last day so that I will have a few extra days in fantasy land where I can pretend that I have a shot at winning it all.

D.H.
07-21-2006, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So if you haven't received your day assignment yet, your probably getting day 1A or 1B.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch! This could be a real problem for me. The Gaming Club told me that I would play the last day so I went ahead and booked the flight arriving on the 29th (in the evening). Today when I talked to them it seemed like they had not yet received confirmation so this probably means that I will play on day A or B. Changing my flight will be very expensive.

Does anyone know if they would let me switch days if I find someone who is booked on C or D and is willing to change? In that case I at least have the chance of finding someone here who is willing to do that.

Please help. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LearnedfromTV
07-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Does anyone know if full means 2288, 2080, or something else? 11-handed sucks!

This can't mean that they expect everyone to preregister, and it'd be weird for them to get let 1C and 1D get to 2288 when they don't know if they'll need 11-handed, but they've said they'll stretch to 2288x4 if necessary.

CardSharpCook
07-21-2006, 05:11 PM
right, seems more liekyl that they have 1600 on 1C, 1D, and like 800 for A+B. So it is time to even it out.

F0LD--IT
07-21-2006, 05:23 PM
I asked for 1d and i that is where they put me. i wanted to be able to watch and see how everything goes down the first 3 days. this will give me an idea of where everyone is at by the end of day 1. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

ravenfan1733
07-21-2006, 05:26 PM
That's funny Temp - I chose 1D for the exact same reason! I feel my odds will only be 4400-1 since 3600 will be knocked out before me!

Are you the same Temp that Tuan Le sucked out on you HU a couple times at Foxwoods? If so, I feel for you - I thought you really outplayed him imo.

bwana devil
07-21-2006, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you the same Temp that Tuan Le sucked out on you HU a couple times at Foxwoods? If so, I feel for you - I thought you really outplayed him imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, that's him. he makes a few random posts on here every once in a while. i wish he could post more often since he seems like such a solid player but it's nice he stops by when he does. he contributes some good comments.

Temp started posting after the airing of that game and was pretty complimentary of Tuan's aggressive play.

mikeymer
07-21-2006, 07:01 PM
I got my email today... 1C.

NYWalker
07-21-2006, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Most people will get knocked out on the first day and after all of the anticipation it is a real downer whenever you get knocked out. I chose to play on the last day so that I will have a few extra days in fantasy land where I can pretend that I have a shot at winning it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

For those who'll play in 1A/1B, if they survive the first day, they'll be REALLY happy to watch the rest play in 1C,1D.

Jurollo
07-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Just heard from Harrah's. Day 1C.
~Justin

Zofox
07-21-2006, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

For those who'll play in 1A/1B, if they survive the first day, they'll be REALLY happy to watch the rest play in 1C,1D.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much my plan - survive/thrive day 1B and watch 2,000 more go home after I'm (hopefully) still in it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Solitare
07-22-2006, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I asked for 1d and i that is where they put me. i wanted to be able to watch and see how everything goes down the first 3 days. this will give me an idea of where everyone is at by the end of day 1. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

[/ QUOTE ]
I already know.

2400 doing well.

3600 going home.

yimyammer
07-22-2006, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ME TOO

GrannyMae
07-22-2006, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if full means 2288, 2080, or something else? 11-handed sucks!

[/ QUOTE ]

it is full from a balancing standpoint, not max players.

vegasbob
07-22-2006, 05:15 AM
I signed up at the rio on Friday night with sat. chips and asked for day 4 and got it. SO see you all ther on the 31th