PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Tune-Up

Leapus
07-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Nightmare? Bad omen? Good omen? You decide.

My turn to host the monthly Home Game NLHE tourney. We usually play rebuys/add-ons, etc.... As I'm headed out to Mecca next weekend (Starting 1D), I decided to make this a WSOP tune-up. Big stacks (10K), with low starting blinds (25/50) and no rebuys/add-ons. Two full tables.

Hand Two of the whole fricking thing:

I'm dealt 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG and limp in. MP makes it $100, BB calls, I call and the three of us see the A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif flop. BB checks, I check and the MP player makes it $300. BB calls and I call -- hey it's deep stacks and I'm looking for some action.

Turn is the miracle 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif giving me the nut straight and a straight-flush draw. The BB now wakes up and bets $1000, I make it $4000 and the MP folds. BB makes a comment about how he hates to go out so early and pushes all-in. I, of course, call ... knowing full-well he likely has a set. Sure enough, he flips over A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the top set. We all pause and gape at the upcoming river. BAM!!! A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Well, I wanted action. Instead I'm demoted to coctail girl and serving drinks all night /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Good luck to all over the next couple of weeks. May this hand hit you only in a tune-up! Sure hope I'm not posting this next Monday 5 minutes after "Shuffle Up and Deal!"

Leapus

SinPies
07-21-2006, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nightmare? Bad omen? Good omen? Not-too-subtly disguised bad beat post? You decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lotsa luck in Mecca, friend.

Beachman42
07-21-2006, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm dealt 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG and limp in. MP makes it $100, BB calls, I call and the three of us see the A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif flop. BB checks, I check and the MP player makes it $300. BB calls and I fold with no odds to hit a gut shot

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP - I don't like my drinks served by surly waiters

Zetack
07-21-2006, 09:44 AM
So, if magically only 20 people show up to the main event this year you have a great chance...to bust out first.

Good luck with that! /images/graemlins/grin.gif