PDA

View Full Version : Hand against ColdCaller

mscags
01-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Seat 5 is a big fish in this game, the reason Coldcaller and I are both playing. He has never seen overly aggressive though. He does play way to many hands though. I folded sixth because I thought there was a good chance I might get jammed in and I thought I was behind anyway. Anyone call in this spot?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.htm))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.80 SB)

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

5th Street - (3.40 BB)

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises

6th Street - (9.40 BB)

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

River - (11.40 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___bets

Total pot: (11.40 BB)

jon_1van
01-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Why no 3-bet on 5th?

It seems to me that you can't just call and let the low draw come cheap. Seat 5's play is kinda wierd, ...playing 9s?

You shouldn't fear a straight, and you shouldn't be too worried about trips (although its possible). He may be raising 9s up.

mscags
01-20-2006, 04:46 PM
I honeslty thought I was beat on fifth street. This guy was bad, but also quite passive IMO. He also was very capable of playing hands that would have made a straight with his board.

jon_1van
01-20-2006, 04:55 PM
97T or 975?

ColdCaller
01-20-2006, 05:49 PM
For the record, I am seat 2.

And that hand sucked.

benwood
01-22-2006, 04:47 AM
This is a tough hand.He could have limped on 3rd with a 9 in the hole to wait & see what the high cards behind him would do.This is just what a weak,passive player would do with that type of hand.Also,if he has 2 low hearts in the hole & one of them is a 7,I don't like your hand either.If you do end up with the best high hand,either player could make a low.

I think the 6th street fold is a good play.

mscags
01-22-2006, 04:57 AM
Very possible with this guy IMO.

Andy B
01-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Given your characterization of seat 5, I think you played this one about right.