PDA

View Full Version : They just closed my Eurobet account, What's up?

CaucasianAsian29
07-20-2006, 06:45 PM
I just played like 8 hours ago, and I find my Eurobet account is closed, I wrote an email and the reply says,

"Thank you for your message

We would like to inform you that due to legislation all U.S account have been closed.
Please not that any outstanding funds will be sent to you between the next seven days."

Kind regards
John
Eurobet Customer Services

I haven't been following legislation much, but what's going on?

mpslg
07-20-2006, 06:49 PM
look here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6612470&an=0&page=0&gone w=1#UNREAD)

r0eKY
07-20-2006, 07:24 PM
i got an eamil to, do they keep your money?????

looks like a fast way for EURO to make one big pay off from the us because there scared the law will be passed

bs

Zele
07-20-2006, 08:37 PM
You either have not read very carefully or are just being a dick. There have been like three threads about this, and every one mentions that Eurobet has said it will honor its debts. There is a lot more to Coral/Eurobet than its US Internet operations, and there is no way it's going to jeopardize its brand by not paying people what they are owed.

h11
07-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Three things - last week the US arrested a UK businessman who runs a UK betting firm, as his plane stopped in Texas in a layover from UK to Costa Rica. That CEO's firm is legitimate in the UK, perfectly legal there, and its shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange. But it has US customers, and our authorities arrested him for being a bookie in violation of US laws. That rightly scares others. Second - three prominent UK bankers have been extradited to Texas to face charges in the Enron matter. Naturally other businessmen in places with similar extradition treaties with the US worry that they can be extradited even if they avoid layovers in the US. Third, the House of Representatives just passed by a huge margin a bill making clear gambling on the internet is illegal in the US, putting those who run the gambling sites - such as Eurobet - at risk. That bill is likely to pass the Senate given the margin in the House and the PResident has said he will sign it. So a prudent business person, averse to being in a US jail, would do just what Eurobet has done. My account was closed also. Thank God the US government is saving me from my sins.

blueodum
07-21-2006, 12:22 AM
Sad, very sad.

Hopefully none of the big boys will follow suit. If Party, Stars, UB or FTP cut off US customers, there's going to be a serious drop in the number of fish swimming in my waters.

dboy23
07-21-2006, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sad, very sad.

Hopefully none of the big boys will follow suit. If Party, Stars, UB or FTP cut off US customers, there's going to be a serious drop in the number of fish swimming in my waters.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^^^^
This is our biggest problem with the whole situation.

zkortnew1
07-21-2006, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sad, very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you,,