PDA

View Full Version : How do (did?) Stars qualifiers find out when they start?

Tyler Durden
07-20-2006, 06:36 PM
I won my seat today and I'm anxious to hear when I'll be starting. How did others find out? thanks.

mlagoo
07-20-2006, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I won my seat today and I'm anxious to hear when I'll be starting. How did others find out? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll get some e-mails, just respond to them when they ask you to... i imagine the whole thing will get expedited as the event is next week.

you can always e-mail support@pokerstars.com if you wanna rush things along, those guys rule. they'll tell you who to get in touch with/what to look for.

Photoc
07-20-2006, 07:28 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6289724&page=0 is a thread about the Stars qualifiers with pertanent information. Hope this helps.

sunrise
07-20-2006, 07:34 PM
First of all you need to register. You will receive an email within a day or two asking you to register. You will have to select if you want the sponsored deal with the hotel or the cash. Then you will have to select what kind of bed or beds you want and if you want smoking or non-smoking for your room. Then you get to list your preference as to what flight day you want. 1A, 1B, 1C or 1D.

I have done all this and the only thing I know is that I'm staying at Treasure Island. I still have no idea what day I'm starting on, but I did receive this email :

"Congratulations on winning your WSOP seat. You will be receiving a registration email from "pokerstars@meridican.com" where you can choose what you would like to do in terms of sponsorship and starting day.

Please note that Day 1C (Sunday, July 30) & Day 1D (Monday, July 31) have been closed as full by Harrah's. Unfortunately, this is beyond our control and they have done this to keep a balance in the number of players in each of the 4 day ones.

Regards,

Thomas
PokerStars Poker Room Management Team"

so....just be patient!

GoSox
07-20-2006, 09:22 PM
I won mine last Sunday. Filled out all the emails the instant I saw them to try and get ahead of the line.

Got an email this afternoon stating they will let me know "in the next week or so" when I'll be starting, although it wont be 1c or 1d.

I guess they dont own too many calendars, hopefully it wont be the "or so".

davidross
07-20-2006, 09:55 PM
Tyler,

The 2 events I have qualified for from Stars (PCA and WSOP) they have been very timely and organised with notifications. If you have a Spam filter though watch your deleted box because my original notification got blocked.

Stars will let you know about accomodations and the WSOP will let you know about starting day. You should get an email almost right away from Stars though about registering.

Congrats, looking forward to meeting you.