PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Berge20
07-20-2006, 05:30 PM
As most of you know, I've been a poster here in the Legislation form for quite some time. After dealing with a large amount of rehashed questions and misleading information that we see frequently, 2+2 decided to give us a user Moderator.

I was selected and just wanted to say hi for those that haven't seen me around.

One of the major issues that has been brought to my attention (outside of a FAQ, which I'm working on) is the proliferation of the posting of entire copywritten articles. I've been guilty of it in the past and as I get up to speed, I'll have to put a stop to that.

It is ok to post quotes or parts of an article, with a link, but please try not to post entire articles in the future. Beyond that, I think we are good to go and this form will be a resource of good information on legislation/taxes/etc.

Berge

Blowup Doll
07-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Cool, i'm glad we're getting a user mod now.

Wynton
07-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Berge, this is a bit off-topic, but can you just tell us what hazing a person has to endure when selected as a moderator?

(I mean, aside from having to deal with smart-aleck questions like this.)

4Kingoff
07-20-2006, 05:48 PM
I did not start reading in here until recently and knew immediately your advice was sound. Glad to have you as the mod.

IronDragon1
07-20-2006, 05:49 PM
I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords.

Eric Stoner
07-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Berge -

I for one am glad that this has happened - you are definitely the most qualified to moderate this place.

Good luck..

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mr.K
07-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Good stuff Berge. Now that you're on the job, how about deleting/locking some of the repetitive new threads people have been starting. Detracts from the conversation, and makes this forum difficult to follow. We should have a single thread devoted to discussion of developments associated with the bill's progress in the Senate. Encouraging people to use one thread would eliminate much of these "I know someone else in a different thread said something about X" type questions.

Bilgefisher
07-20-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm very glad that 2+2 choose you to be the moderator. I think many of us were secretly hoping this would happen when we found out a moderator would be made for this forum.

Your "lamens terms" insight into the politcal world has helped almost all of us understand what the heck is going on. Shamefully many of us (myself included) have very little understanding of our politcal process. It is nice to have a guide through the mud and the muck. I especially enjoyed the corrections to some of the urban legend type posts. Anyway, congrats on the moderator position.

NY60
07-20-2006, 08:38 PM
What exactly does a moderator do??

Wools
07-20-2006, 08:49 PM
Dont post much in here, but have been reading frequently with the recent happenings. Very glad to see someone knowledgable has been chosen.

Uglyowl
07-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks for your sharing your knowledge with us Berge.

Ron Burgundy
07-20-2006, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moderate?

AZplaya
07-20-2006, 09:33 PM
right on Berge. Way to go. Can you teach me how to bluff ROW call stations better?

Berge20
07-21-2006, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
right on Berge. Way to go. Can you teach me how to bluff ROW call stations better?

[/ QUOTE ]

We all know my poker advice is no good...that's why I'm here!

I will do my best to get some moderating in (ie FAQ up) tomorrow or Saturday. Until that happens, I will probably not lock anything. After it is up, I'll try and keep it cleaned up.

Berge20
07-21-2006, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question - I'm still learning /images/graemlins/smile.gif