PDA

View Full Version : $6.4 MILLLION.....Harrah's wins the WSOP

phiphika1453
07-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Yep Harrah's is set to make 6.4M from the MAIN EVENT ALONE!!

Based on 8000 plaerys @ 6% vig and the $200 entry fee the total comes to $6.4M. That makes Harrah's more money than the second place finisher in the ME. Now I understand they are a business and they will charge what the market will bear, but we are the market and I see no reason why this could not be stopped.

Lawman007
07-20-2006, 05:35 PM
How much do you think they should make?

Don Olney
07-20-2006, 05:39 PM
$35.00 per player.

phiphika1453
07-20-2006, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant answer that, but I do know they are going to make what the market will bear, and if the market demands they reduce the vig they will.

i am run
07-20-2006, 05:44 PM
its a smart business.

NeedsMoreNuts
07-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Worst post ever.

CardSharpCook
07-20-2006, 06:08 PM
3% to the dealers and staff....

DemonDeac
07-20-2006, 06:10 PM
then dont play. they'll make less AND YOUR VOICE WILL BE HEARD!!

Lawman007
07-20-2006, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant answer that, but I do know they are going to make what the market will bear, and if the market demands they reduce the vig they will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, then get a picket sign and start marching back and forth in front of the Rio. I'll join you as soon as the Main Event is over.

Dunkman
07-20-2006, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

theoretically

Wayupinya
07-20-2006, 06:33 PM
What $200 dollar fee?

scottjf8
07-20-2006, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
then dont play. they'll make less AND YOUR VOICE WILL BE HEARD!!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha nh

mikeymer
07-20-2006, 09:20 PM
poker players are the cheapest mother [censored] on the face of the earth... im positive.

psandman
07-20-2006, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO. Dealers are not getting 3% of the Main Event. Actually Dealers don't get 3% of any event.

MeanGreenTT
07-20-2006, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Worst post ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

YEAH...WTF....PHUCK the OP.....LMFAO

THEOSU
07-20-2006, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not happening.

NLfool
07-20-2006, 09:54 PM
how much do they get from ESPN for TV rights etc. I heard the year Moneymaker won, The Horseshoe sold the TV rights for something paltry like 50k. It's gotta be in the in the tens of millions now

grdred944
07-21-2006, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Based on 8000 plaerys @ 6% vig and the $200 entry fee the total comes to $6.4M. That makes Harrah's more money than the second place finisher in the ME. Now I understand they are a business and they will charge what the market will bear, but we are the market and I see no reason why this could not be stopped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone know how much they paid for Binions to get the WSOP and how much they sold Binions for? I mean since we are piling on we might as well pick apart every transaction they have ever made.

C'mon. They are a business and it is absolutely correct to state that they are charging what the market will support. After online poker is shutdown in the US and the ME numbers drop by quite a few thousand then maybe they will have to take another look at their cut. But until then, why bother. Take care of your shareholders (disclaimer: I being one of them).

robracing
07-21-2006, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

This is not the Bellagio Big Game, that could up-sticks and move to the Venetian or wherever, if they get p*ssed with the cocktail service.

The WSOP is a brand that is owned by Harrahs.

They will charge what they damn well please, and the masses will keep pouring in. At least while poker is cool and sexy, like it is now.

Look for them to boost their take by a further point or two next year, and every subsequent year that the events continue to expand.

neverforgetlol
07-21-2006, 12:05 PM
how does that disagree with what you quoted?

rockin
07-21-2006, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Wubbie075
07-21-2006, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

F'THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's start a petition to have the WSOP moved to WPEX. NO RAKE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tourney guy
07-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Have to chime in here.

HET doesn't make 6.4 million on the ME.

1) They have payroll, which is not cheap.

2) They have operational costs, which are not cheap.

3) They have taxes, which are not cheap.

As to 'we are the market'......do you see anyone not playing in the WSOP because of the outrrageous juice???

Get real, dude.

Ban internet gaming.....and I can assure you juice will be reduced.

If the poker sites are open.....and it costs 4/5 of the field only $40 to get a seat......juice will remain high.

SonnyJay
07-21-2006, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have to chime in here.

HET doesn't make 6.4 million on the ME.

1) They have payroll, which is not cheap.

2) They have operational costs, which are not cheap.

3) They have taxes, which are not cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

On top of all of this, they have to use a ton of space that they would usually be making money off of in some other way. I don't know the exact layout of the ME, but if they're using gaming space then they're giving up money from the games that they would usually hold. If it's business conference space, then they don't get the fees for renting the place out. All of this on top of paying dealers for close to 2 weeks (including four days of dealing to 2000 people), maintaining the room, cleaning the room, paying for staff, etc.

I seriously doubt they're losing money on the ME, but it's not like they're depositing a $6.4 million check into their account. Whatever they actually end up making doesn't seem to be exorbitant considering the two week circus they're putting up.

-SonnyJay