PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cents on all the happenings (long requires some previous info)

mrhat187
07-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Everyone can call me crazy if they want to, but in America we are a fear and consumption society. Doesn't it seem like Online Gambling is the flavor of the month? There is usually ALWAYS something that is so devastating you have to buy news articles learning how scary it is. Tornado's, Hurricanes, Shark Attacks, Global Warming, whatever they all get there "time" in the sun.

Take Shark Attacks pretty much the same amount happens every year, a couple dozen I believe. But in 2004 it was such a HUGE deal and they made it sound like the sharks were taken back the ocean, now....nothing.

How does this relate? Well lemme tell ya it sounds to me that everyone who is anybody is grasping at news time for online gambling. The lastest being DOJ against BOS although they are clearly guilty of violating the wireact with their 1800 line just stupid. Now all the reuters stories, we wont vote, we will vote, were voting now, wheres my vote seems as though nobody really knows whats going on and their is no cohesive movement.

To me this says there isn't a whole lot of "gotta pass this now" feeling in the senate. I would be willing to bet that the Senators from North Dakota are very against the Bill given they want to make online gambling legal to challenge the US gov. and make money. Also the Nevada Senators are probably against it because they would rather have the study bill passed, Reid for sure.

Who else could be waiting in the wings I don't know, maybe other senators aren't as vocal but lets say it goes along the same vote as the house unlikely. That leaves us with roughly 4 senators very against, and another 27 against it. Not promising if it makes a vote, but promising to stop a vote completely only time will tell.

One thing truly in our favor.....Kyl is up for re-election is he willing to spend alot of time on this and less on campaigning? Will the democrats even allow him a victory to bloister his campaign? Can the Senate Pass the same exact bill or likely re ammend it and send it back to the house? Will the President pass it given the rumblings in the WTO?

mrhat187
07-20-2006, 05:23 PM
What we really need is for Jackson to touch another kid to take the heat off online gambling /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Then he becomes the news of the month.

Ignignokt
07-20-2006, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kyl is up for re-election is he willing to spend alot of time on this and less on campaigning?

[/ QUOTE ]

To him this IS campaigning. That's the sad(dest) part.