PDA

View Full Version : The Future of Bodog

TraiViet
07-20-2006, 01:14 PM
bodog is a sports betting site as well as a pokerroom, is it very likely that they will be closed down pretty soon?

mattnxtc
07-20-2006, 01:20 PM
wouldnt think so

Lawman007
07-20-2006, 01:21 PM
http://www.recgroups.com/a/1/950926/

These online poker rooms have shut down within the past 12 hours. Betonsports.com shut down its website when its CEO was arrested.

Are you willing to bet all the money in your Bodog account that Bodog won't shut down its site if Calvin Ayre is arrested? I wouldn't.

Jack Bando
07-20-2006, 01:21 PM
All closings/banning of USA players have been site mandated, so as long as Bodog doesn't worry about the US DOJ, it'll stay up.

sublime
07-20-2006, 01:22 PM
calvin ayre is not going to enter the US.

Kneel B4 Zod
07-20-2006, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
calvin ayre is not going to enter the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 article I read said he was in nyc last week..but yeah generally I agree

Hince
07-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Calvin Ayre is a Canadian citizen, he doesn't operate or live in the US. I don't understand how they could possibly arrest him.

tipperdog
07-20-2006, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Calvin Ayre is a Canadian citizen, he doesn't operate or live in the US. I don't understand how they could possibly arrest him.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's completely irrelevant. According to the DoJ's theory in the BetonSports case, if you commit overt acts in the furtherance of a conspiracy to entice or enable U.S. residents to gamble illegally, you violate the wire act. There is no question that Ayre has done this.

If the DoJ wants, they can arrest him if he's ever dumb enough to set foot in the U.S.

lacky
07-20-2006, 02:40 PM
yes, I would bet the $632 in that account. If we all decide on mass panic/withdraws as the prudent coarse they wont need to pass any laws to kill internet poker.

Blowup Doll
07-20-2006, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm betting Noriega thought the same thing.

PropPlayer
07-20-2006, 03:34 PM
I've been concerned with Bodog, because Calvin Ayre does enter the US. He makes trips to Vegas and NYC.
He also has an airline out of Vegas that has a plane branded with Bodog.

mattnxtc
07-20-2006, 03:53 PM
does anybody know if bodog takes bets from US citizens over the phone?

seems like if they dont then he cant be in any trouble.

Lawman007
07-20-2006, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh, sir

Megenoita
07-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Any company that takes sports bets over any wire (such as the ones over which your computer runs to other computers) is in violation of the Wire Act.

mayday4379
07-20-2006, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does anybody know if bodog takes bets from US citizens over the phone?

seems like if they dont then he cant be in any trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I placed action via the phone

eurythmech
07-21-2006, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POTM

Naked 9
07-21-2006, 01:01 PM
This may be totally unrelated or just coincidence, but as of this morning I have been unable to access the gaming server of Bodog.com meaning I can log on but I can't view or join any tables. After contacting Bodog several times and trying thier suggestions to sovle my problem they told me I should check with my ISP (Adelphia) to see if they are blocking Bodog's port now. I am awaiting a response from Adelphia.

Naked 9
07-21-2006, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This may be totally unrelated or just coincidence, but as of this morning I have been unable to access the gaming server of Bodog.com meaning I can log on but I can't view or join any tables. After contacting Bodog several times and trying thier suggestions to sovle my problem they told me I should check with my ISP (Adelphia) to see if they are blocking Bodog's port now. I am awaiting a response from Adelphia.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to my ISP they are not blocking Bodog for any reason. So I guess my sudden and still unresolved inability to play on Bodog is unrelated to any legal/legeslative issues concerning Bodog.

PropPlayer
07-21-2006, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
According to my ISP they are not blocking Bodog for any reason. So I guess my sudden and still unresolved inability to play on Bodog is unrelated to any legal/legeslative issues concerning Bodog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I logged in to check and many US accounts are playing now on Bodog.