PDA

View Full Version : No more Eurobet for US players?

KRANTZ
07-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Just got this email... what would prompt them to do this now?

Dear Eurobet Customer,

Please be advised that in the light of recent actions by US regulators, Eurobet has regretfully taken the decision to cease taking any business through its websites from U.S. residents with immediate effect. U.S. residents will no longer be able to transact with our websites and all accounts held by U.S. residents have now been closed.

We are contacting you because we believe that, based on the personal details you have provided us, you are a US resident and therefore affected by this decision.

Where we already have your payment details we will refund any outstanding balance using that method within 7 days from today. If we do not have the necessary details please contact us on +44 1483 773224 or via email at uscustomerservice@eurobet.com to confirm how you wish any existing balances on your account should be repaid including the appropriate financial details.

We commit to processing such refund with 7 days of receiving your payment instructions.

On behalf of the entire Eurobet team we apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your previous custom.

Kind regards,

Emma Jordan
Head of Services
Eurobet.com

AceLuby
07-20-2006, 12:51 PM
WTF... Why do this now??? This seems a little too pre-emptive.

KRANTZ
07-20-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm thinking they got spooked by the BetonSports arrest... I don't play on here anymore, but this is definitely worrisome.

Limesparks
Maybe it's related to the betonsports guy getting taken down.

guids
Yes, I got this too, but I only signed up at UB, I havent ever played there. WOW! this kind of makes things hit home and seem real, I may be pulling my real BR out of party, if they are pre-emptively closing things down?????????????????

agencia1
07-20-2006, 01:15 PM
is eurobet apoker site also? did you say ultimate bet was affected? or does ub stand for something else?

Snafu'd
07-20-2006, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is eurobet apoker site also?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. I just got the same notice from them as well.

Lawman007
07-20-2006, 01:30 PM
The reason they are doing it is simple: their executives don't want to be indicted in the United States and sent to prison. Mark my words, this is just the tip of the iceberg. The worst is yet to come.

sublime
07-20-2006, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason they are doing it is simple: their executives don't want to be indicted in the United States and sent to prison. Mark my words, this is just the tip of the iceberg. The worst is yet to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/bellyitcher/panic.jpg

Snafu'd
07-20-2006, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/3133/widespreadpanic1ue7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

AlcateL
07-20-2006, 02:53 PM
omgogmopgmopmgomgogmogmogmogmogmogmogmg
Gay

AAAA
07-20-2006, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Important Account Information

Dear ,

As part of the recent upgrade, PokerChamps has performed a system change that begins the process of moving to a new platform. We have also incorporated geo-location software which enables us to implement a long standing and consistent Group Company policy of not permitting access to individuals in the United States. Affected individuals have until tomorrow 21st July 2006 at 12pm EST/5pm BST to withdraw funds after which time accounts will be locked and funds returned by arrangement with our customer service team. Please contact SUPPORT@POKERCHAMPS.COM with any queries.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your contributions to the PokerChamps community, and we wish you all the very best in your poker playing future.

Yours Sincerely,

PokerChamps Management Team

[/ QUOTE ]

Wynton
07-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Is Pokerchamps part of the same family of sites as Eurobet?

Am I reading correctly that Eurobet is going to send funds out to players automatically, but Pokerchamps forces people to ask for withdrawals?

cowboy.up
07-20-2006, 03:54 PM
The way I read it is that you have until tomorrow to request a withdrawl by your own choice, else the Customer Service dept. is going to just refund your money with the info on file.

PartySNGer
07-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Oh no, if Party ever shut down, they'd just confiscate all our funds.

NeoGeo
07-21-2006, 02:28 AM
I am cashing out, but my BR there exceed their one-time cash out limit, and it is approaching 12PM. Are you having any issue?

Koller
07-21-2006, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Pokerchamps part of the same family of sites as Eurobet?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Pokerchamps is owned by Betfair, which does not take US players.