PDA

View Full Version : I just want a simple yes or no....

ArtMonkRules
07-19-2006, 10:59 PM
If they pass this bill, and start forcing the ISPs to block access.... will I or will I not be able to access my poker accounts using a proxy server, or whatever? I'm not worried about a stronger field with the fish not going through the trouble, etc. etc. ... I'm mostly worried about being able to play, period.

DuderinoAB
07-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Will you be able to play? Yes

Should you be worried about the lack of fish? Bigger Yes

DING-DONG YO
07-19-2006, 11:08 PM
THERE ARE NO SIMPLE ANSWERS TO THIS!!!! Everyone seems to hop into this forum and expect to get a simple answer to their questions about this possible ban. Sorry, they don't exist.

Read the rest of the threads in here, educate yourself on these issues, form an informed, articulate argument about your opposition to the bill and finally, call/email/write your senators until you are blue in the face or the senate session ends without passing the bill or the bill passes.

Lawman007
07-19-2006, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If they pass this bill, and start forcing the ISPs to block access.... will I or will I not be able to access my poker accounts using a proxy server, or whatever? I'm not worried about a stronger field with the fish not going through the trouble, etc. etc. ... I'm mostly worried about being able to play, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

DuderinoAB
07-20-2006, 12:40 AM
Basically, as long as the internet exists there will always be a way to do just about anything you damn well please and get away with it. That's the nature of the beast. You just can't regulate the internet successfully. The problem is that no fish is going to go through the trouble to figure out complicated workarounds to play. Therefore, like DingDongYo said, be a bug in your senator's ear.

dieharder
07-20-2006, 12:55 AM
simple answer is to move to Toronto Canada.

Mossberg
07-20-2006, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, but the fish won't be moving away from the U.S just to play online poker/lose money.

SoftcoreRevolt
07-20-2006, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, but the fish won't be moving away from the U.S just to play online poker/lose money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily all poker players are winners, break even or small losers so maybe more will move than you think!

vanwely
07-20-2006, 03:10 PM
This may have to be decided by the courts. I sight the precedent first broached in the case of Hellmuth v Grizzle,
Seventh District court of Apples, 2003 where the court ruled yes and later no only later to be changed to yea maybe.

Hope this has been helpful