PDA

View Full Version : Republican principles

mattnxtc
07-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Since this is an issue that Republicans seem to want to be for, as we email senators I thought it would be relevant to post what principles are listed directly on the rnc.com website. Notice the first principle and how those in the house went directly against it.

http://www.gop.com/About/AboutRead.aspx?AboutType=3&Section=19

Republican Principles

I'm a Republican Because...

I BELIEVE the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person’s dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.

I BELIEVE in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.

I BELIEVE free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.

I BELIEVE government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.

I BELIEVE the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations, and that the best government is that which governs least.

I BELIEVE the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.

I BELIEVE Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.

I BELIEVE Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world.

FINALLY, I believe the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.

Blowup Doll
07-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Most current republicans in power could care less about conservative ideals.

IronDragon1
07-19-2006, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement can almost certainly be applied to the vast majority of elected officals everywhere.

cowboy.up
07-19-2006, 04:50 PM
The main "ideal" that most politicians follow is the following:

I BELIEVE in the American dollar, so much so that I will base my votes soley on those with the largest pocketbooks that are willing to contribute to my funds.

Blowup Doll
07-19-2006, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement can almost certainly be applied to the vast majority of elected officals everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are correct. I wasn't generalizing nearly enough.

neverforgetlol
07-19-2006, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I BELIEVE the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person’s dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless they are gay, or having an abortion.

[ QUOTE ]
I BELIEVE in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about sexual orientation?

[ QUOTE ]
I BELIEVE free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.

[/ QUOTE ]

And to keep it free, we must somehow subsidize the [censored] out of it.

[ QUOTE ]
I BELIEVE government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.

[/ QUOTE ]

People are better off trying tax evasion then hoping for this.

[ QUOTE ]
I BELIEVE the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations, and that the best government is that which governs least.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no such functions.

[ QUOTE ]
I BELIEVE the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok?

[ QUOTE ]
I BELIEVE Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.

[/ QUOTE ]

who knows what this means?

[ QUOTE ]
I BELIEVE Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

i.e. huge military-industrial complex. Who's going to fund that?

I'm a libertarian and anarchist, just thought these were pretty funny.

JPFisher55
07-19-2006, 08:24 PM
These were President Ronald Reagan's principles. Too bad the present Republican, especially President Bush, forgot them.
That is why I am a former Republican.

mattnxtc
07-19-2006, 09:34 PM
well i emailed both republican senators in texas. I reminded them of what republican principles were, let them know bad the reasoning used by the other senators is and told them that they need to be focusing on saving individual liberties

Lawman007
07-20-2006, 01:24 AM
Those Republican principles are way out of date. As a Republican myself until recently, I am fully qualified to set forth the principles of today's Republican party:

They BELIEVE that young American men and women should continue to have their arms and legs blown off for no reason whatsoever;

They BELIEVE that invading a country that was no threat to the United States and turning that country into a hotbed of terrorists when none were there before is necessary for the security of the United States;

They BELIEVE that insurance companies should be allowed to rape the American people;

They BELIEVE that oil companies should be allowed to rape the American people;

They BELIEVE that drug companies should be allowed to rape the American people;

They BELIEVE that all illegal immigrants should be allowed to remain in this country and become American citizens;

They BELIEVE that stem cell research is un-Christian and that people who cannot walk because of spinal cord injuries should never have a chance to walk again because of the religious beliefs of a minority of the population;

They BELIEVE that global warming is a myth in spite of undisputed scientific evidence to the contrary;

They BELIEVE, as the Communists and Nazis believed, that government has the right to dictate what you do in the privacy of your own home; and

They BELIEVE that anything that a minority of the population considers immoral, such as playing poker on the internet, should be outlawed.

neverforgetlol
07-20-2006, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

They BELIEVE that insurance companies should be allowed to rape the American people;

They BELIEVE that oil companies should be allowed to rape the American people;

They BELIEVE that drug companies should be allowed to rape the American people;

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah "rape" ok dude

mattnxtc
07-20-2006, 09:08 AM
haha...just thought id put it in there as something to add in emails/letters to senators.

I know in my email I quoted from there as showing what they are supposed to stand for.