PDA

View Full Version : Poker Life Magazine?

Zofox
07-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Here's a strange one.

I'm playing in the ME thanks to winning an entry at the $215 MTT at Party Poker.

I just got a call from a gentleman in the UK congratulating me and then asking me if I wanted a bit of fame in Vegas. Supposedly a magazine called Poker Life will have a few people follow me around during the tournament for some feedback while I'm there.

I'm assuming that since he knew I won an entry from PartyPoker and got my phone number that he either (1) is associated or bought a list from PP, or (2) picked my name from some WSOP entries list someplace at Harrah's, since he got my phone number.

I delayed him 24 hours, and he'll be calling me back tomorrow.

Anyone else hear of this, or gotten a similar offer from them or anyone else?

Vuron00
07-19-2006, 03:25 PM
I got a new magazine in the mail yesterday that was from Partypoker. It was the first issue. I'm not home, and don't remember the name, but that might be it.

Kevmath
07-19-2006, 03:33 PM
It's called PartyLife.

The magazine the OP is referencing can be seen at pokerlifemag.com

Zofox
07-19-2006, 03:42 PM
After looking at the PokerLife site, and Phil Ivey on the cover, I must have gotten the name confused in my short conversation with the guy. If would make MUCH more sense if it was PartyPoker's magazine.

PartyLife sounds more reasonable. If he actually does try to call back tomorrow, I'll have to get that cleared up /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bearly
07-19-2006, 04:23 PM
hi..............one way to check his oil is to ask how much they intend to pay you for what they are proposing................b

ActionBob
07-19-2006, 04:32 PM
I was approached with the same offer and will likely go ahead with it. My only concern was that I was currently looking into other possible incentive offers from other sites to wear their gear <hint-hint> /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But with nothing coming through so far, I'll be taking the Party hotel room and wearing their gear it seems so I guess I'll do the piece for Party Life.

-ActionBob

Zofox
07-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I just need to find out what it entails as well. I took PP's offer for the hotel room as well - figured what the heck. MGM is a nice place and I could bust out on the first day.

Who knows, maybe the shirts will actually look good. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I wonder why they picked you and me. Wonder if they picked like everyone /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I figured they didn't want yet another 22 year old kid in my case - although, I AM celebrating my birthday during the ME in Vegas, just not my 22nd.......

ActionBob
07-20-2006, 12:14 AM
I doubt it will entail too much, probably just some questions each day on your experience. I talked a bit with the guy who called, and it sounds like they were trying to get a few people to get different perspectives for the article. A beginner type player, an intermediate recreational but serious player, and an experienced tournament veteran type all from among their satellite winners.

-ActionBob