PDA

View Full Version : hand reading/memory in poker

smbruin22
01-20-2006, 01:11 PM
i know we had a somewhat similar thread to this recently (kevin trudeau book and some others recommended).

but i'm actually surprised no one has come up with a book totally dedicated to reading your opponents AND JUST AS IMPORTANTLY how to make optimal use of all information that you've absorbed so far.

wondering what's out there in terms of being able to absorb information more quickly, improving your reads and making them more timely. are there any authors that specialize in this? "inside poker mind" and "psychology of poker" sound somewhat applicable but i also want something to help my memory.

as an aside, i was actually wondering if a sophisticated computer program could do better at internet limit poker than any human. seems like the computer would have an advantage in that it would know every action taken so far. but it might just be too complex.... don't get me wrong, no computer would have a chance to be best at B&M and/or no-limit

BTW, i understand wilson software's newer versions have hand reading exercises. i might upgrade. surprised there's so little out there.