PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do?

Dmuz75
07-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Hello everyone.. After lurking here for a while I decided to join the party.. I need advice..I had a horrible sunday online, playing in 10 WSOP ME qualifiers and not winning a seat in any of them..Well, I don't have the $10,000 to buy my entry. But, I can scapre up about $4,000..My dilema.. Do I fly out to LV and use my bankroll to try to Satellite my way into the ME, or do I wait a week, and buy my way into some of the $1500 and $1000 events/ I have live Tourney Experiance, but I have never been to the world series ( other then as a spectator)
and was looking forward to playing in an at least 1 event. I am confident in the fact that I can either win $$ in a cash game, or even in some smaller tourneys, but I am also a realist and know how the game can swing out of your favor..

so, what would you do?

uclabruinz
07-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Wait until next year.

StephanK
07-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Get a set of golf clubs

Dmuz75
07-19-2006, 12:03 PM
already have the clubs..Just so there is know confusion....the $4000 I can "scrape up" is not every day living money, I will be withdrawing it from my online poker accounts....

mhcmarty
07-19-2006, 12:36 PM
How important is it to play in the ME -vs- saying you played in a WSOP event. If the ME is your objective, play the SNG's for tournament chips. Otherwise enter a pre-lim and play cash games and 2nd chance tourney's.

peterchi
07-19-2006, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait until next year.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this

I had approximately your size of a bankroll last year, no satellite entry into the ME, I was already in Vegas... and I did toss around the idea of buying into a $1000 event just for fun. But I decided it wouldn't be the wisest decision.

Then my ex-gf's dad decided to buy me into one of the $1,000 second-chance events (!!) so I did get to play, and I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty freaking fun and a great experience. But to spend 1/4 of your bankroll on that... I think that in itself would make it less fun, and just more stressful, really.

If you're really set on going out to Vegas and playing a WSOP event, I'd say go and play some of the ~$100-$300 single-table satellites into these smaller events. If you get in that way, you'll feel better about it anyways.

Beachman42
07-19-2006, 01:53 PM
The STT satellites are so so soft. $4K and a few days of grinding should get you there. If not, you prolly should pass . . .

CardSharpCook
07-19-2006, 03:36 PM
It is a really cool experience, and may actually be worth it.

innerpeace
07-19-2006, 03:55 PM
keep in mind that you need to finish somewhere around top 1% in smaller wsop events to get 10k for main event entry given payout structures. still worth it for the experience. there are also smaller satellites, cash games, etc.