PDA

View Full Version : Where is Daniel Negreanu

skitzo444
07-19-2006, 01:54 AM
In what even is Daniel Negreanu playing. I cannot seem time find him on any chip count boards. Or is he not playing?

TimTimSalabim
07-19-2006, 01:57 AM
Sick in bed (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/video_diary/)

Dunkman
07-19-2006, 01:59 AM
I also read somewhere that he wasn't gonna play any more events except the ME because he was so frustrated with Harrah's.

BadgerPro
07-19-2006, 02:28 AM
He was on the 1999 US Poker Championship on one of the ESPN channels on Saturday night against Bonnetti(sp).

Lack of hole cards makes watching TV poker worse than drying piant though.

belloc
07-19-2006, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also read somewhere that he wasn't gonna play any more events except the ME because he was so frustrated with Harrah's.

[/ QUOTE ]
He said he wouldn't if they didn't resolve the NLHE Shootout debacle to his satisfaction, but they did. (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/video_diary/)

Nez477
07-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Anyone else feel real icky watching Daniel talk to you in bed?

stickdude
07-19-2006, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep!

gobboboy
07-19-2006, 11:04 AM
I saw a 2+2 book on his nightstand though.

Clowny
07-19-2006, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw a 2+2 book on his nightstand though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh that actually surprised me to see for some reason, I dont know why! I may be wrong but it looked like "Seven Card Stud for Advanced Players"

Jourdain
07-19-2006, 11:43 AM
It is a green 2+2 book indeed.

MrFizzbin
07-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Not Playing in other events:
He got his refund from Harrahs, Jeffery Pollack out of town in LA (well done Jeffrery the event you are presiding over is going on and you are out of town. I wonder how many times Paul Tagliabu (spelled badly) of the NFL is out of town Super Bowl Weekend...)

7 Card Stud Book:
Since he said in his video he's playing the 5k Stud event, Figures he'd do refresher. Yo-Yo Ma is a pretty good musician but he practices the scales every day, so why wouldnt a top pro do something to get his head in the right place to play his next event, and make sure you have your game plan ready...

Solitare
07-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Looking at golf related videos, I'd love to get him on the golf course.

But then, he'd probably just bludgeon me to death with his bankroll.

Jourdain
07-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Could also be this book: http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/1880685345.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1114994532_.jpg /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chico Bonomo
07-19-2006, 12:24 PM
i think it is indeed Getting Started In Holdem, Ed Miller's name is clearly visible, and does not look thick enough to be NLHTP

CardSharpCook
07-19-2006, 03:28 PM
he doesn't seem very sick.

Jackie Onassis
07-19-2006, 03:36 PM
I was talking about this yesterday with someone. How long do you think Negreanu can basically not win anything and still maintain his ubiquity and popularity?

CardSharpCook
07-19-2006, 03:37 PM
DN is awesome. STFU, noob.

NickMPK
07-19-2006, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was talking about this yesterday with someone. How long do you think Negreanu can basically not win anything and still maintain his ubiquity and popularity?

[/ QUOTE ]

He just won a Circuit event for >$700,000 a couple months ago. He was runner up in the ToC and has two other top 10 finishes in this year's WSOP. He is #10 on the 2006 money list. Have you been following poker this year?

jdaddy
07-19-2006, 03:43 PM
100% definately Ed Miller Getting Started in Hold'em in background.
And ya, it is strange watching him in bed, especially when he keeps looking in to the camera like that.

Jackie Onassis
07-19-2006, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He just won a Circuit event for >$700,000 a couple months ago. He was runner up in the ToC and has two other top 10 finishes in this year's WSOP. He is #10 on the 2006 money list. Have you been following poker this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly I haven't been. Also, lol @ his win being a "couple months ago."

Absolution
07-19-2006, 03:46 PM
It could also be that someone of that calibre of play wants to read books that other people have most likely read, even if he disagrees with the theory in it or it doesn't fit his style.

Jackie Onassis
07-19-2006, 03:47 PM
That wasn't really the point though, whether he has been winning or not. It just seems he doesn't have to win or do well for awhile to maintain his current status in the public eye (could be wrong).

NickMPK
07-19-2006, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly I haven't been. Also, lol @ his win being a "couple months ago."

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it....wasn't his win a couple months ago, like in February?

tpir
07-19-2006, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think he was implying what you inferred at all.

Jackie Onassis
07-19-2006, 04:09 PM
January, but that's like six months ago. Nitpicking though imo.

mattmcegg
07-19-2006, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just couldnt stop thinking "who the [censored] is taping this." and then i had to take a shower.

drewjustdrew
07-19-2006, 04:39 PM
Seriously, 743 posts in 12 days?

daveymck
07-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Based on that video if he sneezes or gets a sniffle he will be checking himslef into hospital.

Nothing the matter with him, ruffling up your hair and lying in bed does not mean you are sick.

thedarknight
07-19-2006, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That wasn't really the point though, whether he has been winning or not. It just seems he doesn't have to win or do well for awhile to maintain his current status in the public eye (could be wrong).

[/ QUOTE ]

ask the same question with phil ivey, doyle brunson, or phil ivey...this is poker..not f*cking tennis where all the top players win tournies week in and week out like it's no big deal.

jlocdog
07-19-2006, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. And I thought I posted too much. Get a freak'n life.

MyTurn2Raise
07-20-2006, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. And I thought I posted too much. Get a freak'n life.

[/ QUOTE ]

where is andrew Karpinski these days?

jakerc
07-20-2006, 06:14 AM
lmao at his mark seif impression.

Clowny
07-20-2006, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! I have heard of some monster poker sessions but a monster forum posting session? I'd like to see a graph of posts per hour so we can see if you have slept!

mason55
07-20-2006, 06:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

insert random /images/graemlins/heart.gif for istewart

Wires
07-20-2006, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think [censored] banned him a day or two ago for his insistence to post in OOT after being exiled.

grdred944
07-20-2006, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a valid question. His minions acted like his s&%t didn't smell after 2004 and whenever someone asks about what has he done lately, they are summarily dismissed as being ignorant.

Kudos to Danny but since his monster year he really hasn't been top tier lately.

NickMPK
07-20-2006, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a valid question. His minions acted like his s&%t didn't smell after 2004 and whenever someone asks about what has he done lately, they are summarily dismissed as being ignorant.

Kudos to Danny but since his monster year he really hasn't been top tier lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that Daniel is having another monster year, and has been top tier in 2006.

It does seem to me that people who think he is still slumping just haven't been paying much attention to poker, or don't understand how the variance of the industry works. Daniel has had better 2006 overall than any of the other superstars of poker, with the possible exception of Michael Mizrachi.

MyTurn2Raise
07-20-2006, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think [censored] banned him a day or two ago for his insistence to post in OOT after being exiled.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...I am just wondering if Jackie O is Andrew K, or if 2 people can possibly post that much.

Bulldog
07-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Yep, he's terrible. (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/rank.php?a=r&n=1)

Clowny
07-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Yep and as poker players we know the stats dont lie. Its impressive stuff for him to be top without without ever winning the main event, or being around for the past 20 years!

On another note I just love the Hendon Mobs photo of Phil Hellmuth, was that taken at his first ever live event!!!

Bulldog
07-21-2006, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yep and as poker players we know the stats dont lie. Its impressive stuff for him to be top without without ever winning the main event, or being around for the past 20 years!

On another note I just love the Hendon Mobs photo of Phil Hellmuth, was that taken at his first ever live event!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fun with numbers...

Seven-figure prizes won:

Mike Matusow 1
Phil Hellmuth 0

grdred944
07-21-2006, 11:19 AM
I always get in trouble when it comes to Negreanu. Those of you that carry the guy's water will not listen to any reason when it comes to him and anyone that disagrees with you just doesn't know the game.

I'm not denying that they guy has had an excellent career. But to carry on with comments that he is having a monster 2006 and is rated higher than other top tier pros for this year is just plain nonsense.

POY 'noteable' pros ranked higher than Danny for 2006.

M. Mizrachi
David Williams
Kenna James
John Phan
Max Pescatori
Allen Cunningham
Alan Goehring
Marcel Luske
Erick Lindgren
Harry Demetriou
Robert Mizrachi
David Pham
Barry Greenstein
Scotty Nguyen

AGAIN, it does not take away from his lifetime accomplishments and where he stands in overall tournament strength but the original post inquired about this year. This year he is doing good, not great and certainly not 'monster.'

whipsaw
07-21-2006, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fun with numbers...

Seven-figure prizes won:

Robert Varkonyi 1
Phil Hellmuth 0

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Jett
07-21-2006, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always get in trouble when it comes to Negreanu. Those of you that carry the guy's water will not listen to any reason when it comes to him and anyone that disagrees with you just doesn't know the game.

I'm not denying that they guy has had an excellent career. But to carry on with comments that he is having a monster 2006 and is rated higher than other top tier pros for this year is just plain nonsense.

M. Mizrachi
David Williams
Kenna James
John Phan
Max Pescatori
Allen Cunningham
Alan Goehring
Marcel Luske
Erick Lindgren
Harry Demetriou
Robert Mizrachi
David Pham
Barry Greenstein
Scotty Nguyen

AGAIN, it does not take away from his lifetime accomplishments and where he stands in overall tournament strength but the original post inquired about this year. This year he is doing good, not great and certainly not 'monster.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude.

Get yourself even top 50 in the world, and then talk your [censored] about what's top tier, k?

Brakara
07-21-2006, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But to carry on with comments that he is having a monster 2006 and is rated higher than other top tier pros for this year is just plain nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he would rather be ranked tenth (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/rank.php?a=r&n=147) in money winnings, than in some arbitrary "score system".

NickMPK
07-21-2006, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

M. Mizrachi
David Williams
Kenna James
John Phan
Max Pescatori
Allen Cunningham
Alan Goehring
Marcel Luske
Erick Lindgren
Harry Demetriou
Robert Mizrachi
David Pham
Barry Greenstein
Scotty Nguyen

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the money list. That's the goal of poker right, to win money? The POY point system is moronic. It gives way too many points for cashing in random $1000 tournaments, which is how Men Ngyuen, David Pham, and John Phan do so well on it every year.

Grumbo
07-21-2006, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

M. Mizrachi
David Williams
Kenna James
John Phan
Max Pescatori
Allen Cunningham
Alan Goehring
Marcel Luske
Erick Lindgren
Harry Demetriou
Robert Mizrachi
David Pham
Barry Greenstein
Scotty Nguyen

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he is ahead of:

Gavin Griffin
Gavin Smith
John D'Agistino
Phil Hellmuth
Miami John Cernuto
Lee Watkinson
Sammy Farha
Chad Brown
PHIL IVEY

Army Eye
07-21-2006, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Check the money list. That's the goal of poker right, to win money? The POY point system is moronic. It gives way too many points for cashing in random $1000 tournaments, which is how Men Ngyuen, David Pham, and John Phan do so well on it every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

They perform consistently and are awarded for it! Imagine that!

Is the goal of poker to win money? Of course, but just looking at the money list of any given year isn't going to tell you much. Was Joe Hachem the best player of '05 or did he just happen to run good in the biggest money tourney? The latter, of course. Thankfully, Card Player realized this and came up, in my opinion a decent points system.