PDA

View Full Version : WSOP satelite ruling. Right or wrong.

MrLob
07-18-2006, 01:19 PM
I was playing in a $1060 buy in WSOP main event satelite at the Rio Sunday. We are down to the final 7 players with 4 getting seats. I am quite short and in need of making a move very soon. A big hand comes up where James Van Alstyne calls an all in (that is almost for the same amount of chips as he has) and the dealer miscounts the amount of chips the all in player bet. Long story long, the floor man gets involved in the counting debate which rages on for 25 minutes. 5 minutes in I ask for the clock to be stopped. The floor man refuses and says stopping the clock is against general tournament rules. With only 40 minute levels the 25 delay was very damaging to my chances, as well as other short players in the tournament, and it doesn't seem right that players should be so adversely affected by dealer error. Since we were at the final table I can't see how a clock stoppage was not justified. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Lawman007
07-18-2006, 01:23 PM
You're right. He should have stopped the clock.

tipperdog
07-18-2006, 01:24 PM
I played these "mega" sats last year and plan to do the same this year.

Last year, a very similar thing happened. There was a controversy and the TD wanted to confer with other (more experienced) TDs before ruling. He stopped the clock before anyone could ask. Seems like the only fair thing to do.

MeanGreenTT
07-18-2006, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played these "mega" sats last year and plan to do the same this year.

Last year, a very similar thing happened. There was a controversy and the TD wanted to confer with other (more experienced) TDs before ruling. He stopped the clock before anyone could ask. Seems like the only fair thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen the clock stopped in $40 donkey FL tournies, can't imagine they have their heads burried so far up their arse that they can't make a right decision here....