PDA

View Full Version : Complaining about 1500$ PLO event

acesover8s
07-17-2006, 05:52 AM
They announced this afternoon over the speaker that tomorrows 1500$ PLO event has been changed to a rebuy event. I cannot imagine for the life of me why they would change a 1500$ event into a 6000$ plus event overnight with no warning whatsoever.

Good luck to anyone who decides to play in it.

yellowjack
07-17-2006, 06:04 AM
Wow, that's terrible. Definitely adding the fuel to the fire from the European POV.

LearnedfromTV
07-17-2006, 07:04 AM
There are a lot of people pissed. I was playing some 10/20 Omaha 8 with a bunch of people who came specifically for the omaha events this weekend and are now really mad. Same sentiments at the lower limit PLO tables too.

I'm not happy about it, and a little annoyed that it took me a huge runaround and talking to five different people before I finally found someone who could tell me how the rebuy structure worked (i.e. yes, you can rebuy immediately, rebuy at 1500 or less so you can double rebuy when you bust, single or double addon).

So since this is now a 6K min. event, and requires at least 12K in reserve to play how I would like to play it, I'm obviously not playing.

I do think it'll be a lot of fun to watch, and a PLO freezeout starting with 1500 chips has its problems. I really wish they would be willing to sacrifice a little profit and make it a 500r with 1500 chips per $500. Negraneau and boys could still go nuts and those of us who intended to play for 1500 could still play.