PDA

View Full Version : hypothetical question on poker...

bigredlemon
01-20-2006, 02:31 AM
Suppose there's a stud game with 7 good players. One of them can see the down cards of everyone, but cannot fold before 5th street for one bet. The other 6 players are strangers with no restrictions and do not know about the first player's circumstances. How will the one person do?

ColdCaller
01-20-2006, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Suppose there's a stud game with 7 good players. One of them can see the down cards of everyone, but cannot fold before 5th street for one bet. The other 6 players are strangers with no restrictions and do not know about the first player's circumstances. How will the one person do?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean Hero must call on third and fourth if it is one bet each time, then this game seems unwinnable. A ton of the EV in low to mid-limit stud is in hand selection, I would think.

This is interesting, though.

CarlosChadha
01-20-2006, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean Hero must call on third and fourth if it is one bet each time, then this game seems unwinnable. A ton of the EV in low to mid-limit stud is in hand selection, I would think.

This is interesting, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, they would be toast...there info would not be that helpful (other than on the river) because all the other players would mark him as a calling station, thus giving him no respect on the later sts...thus he would never be able to get others to fold, and would have to just rely on showing down the best hand.

frappeboy
01-20-2006, 08:15 AM
I think the person who could see everyones cards would win if he only had to see 4th street, but 5th is too much.

Bartholow
01-20-2006, 03:24 PM
It may depend a lot on the structure of the game. In a large ante game, this player will do much better. Firstly, it becomes more correct to call more often as the antes get bigger. Secondly and perhaps more importantly, because of this people tend to play much more aggressively in large ante games, which will give our x-ray hero more chances to fold his trash early, saving money.

In terms of the direct answer, I think in a high ante game x-ray man will do pretty well.

Bartholow
01-20-2006, 03:26 PM
People who CALL a lot can make others fold when they suddenly become aggressive. It's people like you who raise all the time that can't /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Seriously, I think being able to play absolutely error free on later streets is worth a lot.