PDA

View Full Version : I often don't know what to do here

lstream
01-20-2006, 01:31 AM
Villain is mediocre, but very aggressive. Would you try for the check raise on 7'th?

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.htm))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.10 SB)

Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___raises
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___raises___calls

5th Street - (5.55 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls

6th Street - (7.55 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls

River - (9.55 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

Total pot: (11.55 BB)

mscags
01-20-2006, 01:37 AM
I think a checkraise looks good, I don't see any reason why he wont bet the river here if he is aggressive.

alphanumerics
01-20-2006, 01:38 AM
no, i would think hes got 2 pr, or a wired pair over your 9s, and i dont think he would try to value bet it on the river UI. how you gonna feel if he 3 bets you? i like it played as is.

Andy B
01-20-2006, 01:38 AM
I think I'd go for the check-raise on the river.

Andy B
01-20-2006, 01:43 AM
I don't consider myself to be overly aggressive, and I'll value-bet dry Aces or two pair on the river all the time. I decline to do so against lstream's draw-heavy board, but a "very aggressive" player might well go for it.

lstream
01-20-2006, 01:48 AM
In this case I decided to go for the sure bet, because he is so over-aggressive. I was concerned that he was overplaying a poor hand all the way through, and therefore possibly check behind. I could easily be wrong and find out he bets into me even with a poor hand. I see lots of players go nuts all the way to the river and then go passive.

Andy B
01-20-2006, 02:25 AM
On the other hand, he may not even call your bet if his hand is really weak, but he might try to bluff with it....

CarlosChadha
01-20-2006, 02:51 AM
I'd just bet out...your board is draw heavy, and like you said, many agro players give up on the river with marginal hands. He probably has just have a pair over 9s or 6s up, which he'd check, but you lose a bet if he has the less likely trips.

Roland
01-20-2006, 07:11 AM
I bet 5th here and probably 3-bet if he raises.

frappeboy
01-20-2006, 08:18 AM
I prefer to just bet on the end here.. Whenever I try for the check raise it just fails.

MRBAA
01-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Your board could be a flush draw, so he might even check two pair here

Bartholow
01-20-2006, 03:29 PM
As long as you don't try to checkraise a whole lot, I think this is a fine spot to do it. You shouldn't feel awful when they check behind because it means you'll get free showdowns other times which you want.

PoorLawyer
01-20-2006, 05:38 PM
What about a check raise on 6th here with your scary board? You can make it look like you hit your flush and hope he releases his junk. Worst case to get money in the pot on your draws that are probably good if they hit.

iamastud
01-20-2006, 05:54 PM
I see no reason to go into passive mode on 5th or 6th. Your hand still might be best here or can easily draw to be best. If he raises you on 5th or 6th, you have the cards to reraise with. Don't be afraid of the aggresive better, especially if you have good goods.

As far as betting or ck raising on river, either looks ok. But your scary board looks like he would check behind here, so the sure bet looks a little better.

The hand is played ok, but there was more money to be made in your hand with more aggresive play on 5th and 6th.