PDA

View Full Version : Shorthanded limit hold'em

Gelford
01-20-2006, 12:59 AM
I've been thinking is there any good material on shorthanded limit hold'em play ?? (By the way, I do most of my grinding at the NL tables)

What comes to mind:

HEFAP is a great book, but it seems to get not the best reviews when it comes to the shorthanded section.

Ciaffone has a chapter i MLH ... is it good ?

Then Yao has two chapters

And finally
The Matt Maroon book ... great reviews on the shorthanded stuff

Byron Jacobs HGIYLH .. not short handed as such, but according to earlier postings in the memorable "Good but not great" post it deal with a lot of issues, that are important in shorthanded play

maurile
01-20-2006, 01:28 AM
There are a few worthwhile pages on playing shorthanded in Jen Harman's SS2 chapter.

The best material on shorthanded limit hold 'em, IMO, is from King Yao and Matt Maroon, both of whom you already mentioned.

smbruin22
01-20-2006, 10:12 AM
i concur with yao and matt maroon.. lots of good stuff on internet too..... you see, it's probably not something that deserves its own book (i know you weren't suggesting that0

Gelford
01-20-2006, 10:17 AM
No .. not a new book allthough many have suggested this and one poster even has suggesteed that he might write it

Just existing material

MicroBob
01-20-2006, 02:50 PM
What book is by matt maroon? not sure i've heard of him.

Tk79
01-20-2006, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What book is by matt maroon? not sure i've heard of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Winning Texas Hold'em"

Gelford
01-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Matt has a very 2+2 'unfriendly' ´, but also quite good blog at http://thepokerchronicles.com/

MyTurn2Raise
01-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Suggestion: since a good book doesn't exist, create your own study book. I did this by searching out and finding the best threads on 2+2, cut copy & paste, and trying to assimilate it all into a book (well...a 3 ring binder). I got more out of this exercise than any poker study in my life.

smbruin22
01-20-2006, 04:26 PM
matt maroon book is good and very cheap (at least here in canada)....

i think great ideas and very straight-forward. almost has no hand examples though. it's more thoughts but he's a good writer and seems to have experience at all $$$$ levels (so he has very specific advice for both loose-passive and tough games)

there have been a few matt maroon threads i think (1 big one for sure)