PDA

View Full Version : calldown v. maniac, 50NL full table

jb9
07-14-2006, 06:32 PM
So this guy (BB in this hand) sat down next to me a few orbits ago and has been pushing everyone around, stealing pots preflop, on the flop, on the river with big raises. He is 70/40 (not too many hands though), and he has pushed me out of 3 pots (including JJ on a Q high flop on his first hand at the table -- at this point I would consider 2nd pair to be the nuts against this guy).

I was looking for a chance to trap him, and got a great one when I flopped a set of kings a few hands earlier, but he decided not to try to steal that pot from me.

Actually, despite being a classic preflop maniac, he is not horrible postflop. He will try to steal on every flop and twice on the turn but will fold when someone plays back at him or when it's clear he's beat. He also seems to know what his image is and that people will be frustrated with him.

My stack was built before he got to the table, so all he knows about me is he's pushed me around a bit.

I'm not going to lie -- he had me on tilt at this point and I was thinking too much about him and not enough about the rest of the table, which is why I didn't raise preflop. I wanted him to raise (like he mostly was), so I could re-raise. That didn't work...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 ($27.20)
MP2 ($132.82)
MP3 ($12.50)
CO ($10.70)
Button ($50.55)
Hero ($119.25)
BB ($57.35)
UTG ($67.45)
UTG+1 ($50.30)
UTG+2 ($9.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks.

<font color="blue">Not a flop I wanted to see. The though of bet/folding makes me physically ill.</font>

Turn: ($3) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls $3.

<font color="blue">I don't believe him.</font>

River: ($9) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

<font color="blue">I still don't believe him but if I raise and he pushes I don't think I can call with Ace high.</font>

QuentinCompson
07-14-2006, 06:48 PM
I don't think that limp/raising with AK is ever good because you miss the flop too often. It would be even nicer to be reraised by the maniac and call behind than it would to reraise. This way he will c-bet and your hand is easy to play.

You said that villain seems decent postflop, right? If that is true, fold to his turn bet please. If you have to call that, fold to the river please. He is not bluffing with small bets here very often... LAGs don't like to do that against unknowns... especially LAGs who play smart post-flop.