PDA

View Full Version : moderators: please create a sticky already

Wynton
07-13-2006, 08:32 AM
I just want to echo what many people have said here, in the hope that a new thread might be noticed by our moderators: we could really use a faq or sticky in this forum.

(I suppose I'm, ironically, just contributing to the problem of repetitive threads, but I don't know how else to get our moderators' attention.)

sublime
07-13-2006, 08:39 AM
for the love of god, PLEASE DO THIS!

ryan, appoint a mod maybe? a sticky that has RELEVENT news bulleted at top would be perfect.

DING-DONG YO
07-13-2006, 08:45 AM
PM the mod.

Berge20
07-13-2006, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PM the mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only way, he doesnt really browse here anymore.

DING-DONG YO
07-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Just sent Ryan a PM. I'll keep you posted.

Wynton
07-13-2006, 09:18 AM
I sent him PM also.

Gregg777
07-13-2006, 09:25 AM
I vaguely remember somewhere in the past that Mason or one of the others does not want stickies in this forum to prevent them from showing a bias on the issues one way or the other.

DING-DONG YO
07-13-2006, 09:28 AM
That's true. I told Ryan the sticky would only be to the effect of "read the other posts first" without any mention of the substance of or issues surrounding HR4411.

cowboy.up
07-13-2006, 10:38 AM
gregg - a stick is not wanted to prevent 'bias against the issues'? as poker players - aren't we all biased against the bill? if there are any poker players in the shadows that are for the ban of online gambling...please step forward.

edit* - sorry didn't see 'them' i thought it was referring to us, regular posters showing bias. i guess as site owners it makes more sense.

Ryan Beal
07-13-2006, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PM the mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true. I just have a lot of forums to browse. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I'm looking into assigning a user mod to help out in here. In fact, someone could be added as soon as today or tomorrow.

killa4s
07-13-2006, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm looking into assigning a user mod to help out in here. In fact, someone could be added as soon as today or tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]Please make it someone who understands this issue. While I have only recently started browsing this forum, it appears there are a few who could compile a good sticky/FAQ. Wynton, for example. I might also suggest a separate sticky thread that contains links to articles or interviews that pertain to Senators and pundents thoughts on the upcoming Senate debate.

Berge20
07-13-2006, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PM the mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true. I just have a lot of forums to browse. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We are a crazy posting bunch here at 2p2 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gaming_mouse
07-13-2006, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I vaguely remember somewhere in the past that Mason or one of the others does not want stickies in this forum to prevent them from showing a bias on the issues one way or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that philosophy is at odds with a sticky that pinned information and exposition threads. That is, the sticky could report the status of the bill. It could also link to a thread explaining exactly what the effects of the bill would be. In cases where those effects are ambiguous are still up for debate, it could list the different possibilities, etc. Basically, just linking to threads or articles of objective reportage, rather than editorials.

That's all 80% of the people browsing here want to know, anyway: What is this likely going to mean for me? Explaining that is neither an endorsement nor a denunciation of the bill.

Wynton
07-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Whoever does the moderating should make some attempt to get the moderators at the zoo and other places to move threads about legislation over here (if that is possible).

I just noticed that people post about this news in various other places, like the zoo, yet the threads never seem to get moved here, where they belong.

Incidentally, I vote for Berge as moderator, if that makes any difference.

erastank
07-13-2006, 01:44 PM
I think Berge should be moderator as well.

Gregatron
07-13-2006, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoever does the moderating should make some attempt to get the moderators at the zoo and other places to move threads about legislation over here (if that is possible).

[/ QUOTE ]
First, sorry for the semi-hijack.

Okay, I am NOT a zoo mod, but, I kind of disagree with this. I think that there is a lot of overlap, and that a post topic does not necessarily neatly fit into any single forum. I mean the zoo is the "internet gambling" forum, and this issue obviously affects internet gambling. Sometimes I post about a juicy poker bonus in Micro Limits (where I am a mod) becuase it's an issue relveant to ML players, even though we have a bonus forum. And we all see psych related posts in General HE, even though they could easily go in psych.

I guess my point is that there is sometimes more than one appropriate place for a post.

Wynton
07-17-2006, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How's the new moderator working out so far?

Xhad
07-17-2006, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Berge should be moderator as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Berge20
07-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Just as an FYI - I keep trying to find time to create a few basic info threads, but just am swamped at the moment. May have some time tonight and someone suggested an "Ask Berge20 thread" as well.

Happy to help as best I can and then maybe get a mod to sticky some of them to help reduce the clutter.

sublime
07-17-2006, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How's the new moderator working out so far?

[/ QUOTE ]

LISTEN MAN, CALM DOWN!

the powers that be are busy creating the following forums:

1) money making opportunities available on sundays
2) hot women poker players who cant play poker
3) another place for diebitter to post
4) Internet bonuses in Canada

this mod issue will be done in due time!

(please note i am joking and dont suspend me mr beal, k thx)

Ryan Beal
07-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Berge20 is now the new user mod of legislation. I think he's going to be a great mod for this forum. However, you guys should feel free to contact me by PM if you have any complaints about the way he is handling things.

Berge20
07-19-2006, 04:10 PM
I will do my best guys and obviously if you have complaints feel free to lodge them with the authorities.

At work now and working...but when I get home tonight I will start the process of getting up a FAQ sticky. In addition, I'll make a public ask as to what we should include.

sublime
07-19-2006, 04:18 PM
good choice